Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think step-mothers should be responsible for their husbands back child support?
Absolutly not. 8 66.67%
Yes, they are married 1 8.33%
Only if she signed an agreement to do so. 2 16.67%
No, Child Support was to paid by the father before you married him. 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 08:37 PM

1 posts, read 1,176 times

Advertisements

My girlfriends ex husband has just quit his job for the second time in three years to avoid paying 40% of his income for his 4 boys.He is currently paying the base amount of $ 240.00 every two weeks and the attorney general has tried to set up a review 9 months ago but he delayed it buy filing for custody and saying he will represent himself but it has been denied 2 weeks ago and now he quit his job.Can she get the arrears from the last 2 years he has been working and not paying 40%.This is crazy how he keeps trying to beat the system
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2014, 09:44 AM

216 posts, read 372,882 times
You should really consult an attorney. The attorney can give you the best advice. I do know there are ways if you can prove that he is able to make more money to have him pay more in child support. However, that involves hiring vocational experts and could be costly.

Old 01-17-2016, 09:50 AM

2 posts, read 1,454 times
Exclamation sounds like my story!!

gosh....sounds almost EXACTLY like what i've gone through....when hubby was young, stupid, and horny, got a girl pregnant (or so she said) TWICE!!! never even knew about child until he was over a year old... she got REALLY FAT and no one knew she was preggers til she popped!! never occurred to him to argue paternity....ikr?? they never married, she was way better off financially than he, filed for child support when first kid was 5, second was a year old.....so that IMMEDIATELY put him in the hole for 5 years back support. WE paid monthly, our tax refunds taken every year, me filing injured spouse .....never going to catch up.....at one point even tried to make a deal with the state (communist california) that if they'd remove the interest, we would try to pay $1000 month to pay if off.....balance approx 40K....interest about the same....:shock ed: they said no.....so it's like one step forward, three steps back.....we would have to pay like $1000 a month for the next 25 years to catch up, and still won't because of the interest....he's the only one working, i'm on disability (a whopping $900 month!!)...and the price of everything keeps going up, except our income.... in 25 years he'll be 78.....so here's my question....since it's never going to get paid off....when he dies, will i be responsible for paying the back support/arrears/all interest for two kids who are 33 and 29 respectively or will i be able to tel calif to go POUND SAND????? when he went to court on it for a *trial* THAT turned out to be a SENTENCING, they had no interest in anything he had to say.... guys, get a girl pregnant and don't marry her.....the only RIGHT you get is the right to pay child support!!! even when the kids lived with us, and we had school records to prove it.....we STILL had to pay HER child support!!!!! TRUE STORY!!!!!

Old 01-19-2016, 03:25 PM

142 posts, read 272,415 times
Divorce Him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area