Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 06:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,705 times

Advertisements

Between Heron Bay in Parkland, Weston Hills in Weston, and Hawk's Landing in Plantation which would you go with? Money is no object and kids would be going to private school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2012, 07:35 PM

143 posts, read 472,157 times
I would ask how old are the kids, and which private school.....because.....I personally would not want to travel far for events to and from school. I have four kids, three in private school, plus a preschooler, I live a quarter mile from the school, I'm back and forth all day long...kids forget things...oldest plays baseball, girls do tennis....ect, ect. So for me school being close and my kids are little thats an issue for ME. If your kids are say in 12 th grade that may not matter to you....I like all three neighborhoods minus the Chinese drywall in Heron bay,but a private inspection will steer you clear for that.....

Old 06-12-2012, 07:41 AM

11,642 posts, read 23,920,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_Grier View Post
Between Heron Bay in Parkland, Weston Hills in Weston, and Hawk's Landing in Plantation which would you go with? Money is no object and kids would be going to private school.
All three are lovely. I would base the decision on the rest of your life, like where the parents work, where the kids school and activities will be, and whether you want to be centrally located or not.

I lived in Weston for 10 year. I have been living in Plantation for 2 years. I liked living in Weston but I LOVE living in Plantation. Plantation is centrally located, close to my kids school. There are other things I like about Plantation Acres, but they do not apply to gated communities. I like Parkland but I have never lived there.

If you must have a gated community I would go with Hawks Landing over the other developments. Have you looked at any of the gated communities in Davie?

I think your decision should be based on the rest of your life. Where will the kids be in school? Where are the parents jobs? Where will the kids be doing activities? All are nice communities.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:46 AM

11 posts, read 21,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_Grier View Post
I have always wondered how anyone can live in a place called, "...Plantation."

Old 06-12-2012, 11:34 AM

27 posts, read 86,341 times
Haha. I've wondered the same thing about Plantation. Florida's not the South my ass.

Old 06-12-2012, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEA76 View Post
I have always wondered how anyone can live in a place called, "...Plantation."

History: History of Plantation

"the area was nicknamed Plantation because many large tracts of land were purchased by city dwellers, who called them "plantations"."

Plantation is quite nice.

Old 06-12-2012, 12:58 PM

27 posts, read 86,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
History: History of Plantation

"the area was nicknamed Plantation because many large tracts of land were purchased by city dwellers, who called them "plantations"."

Plantation is quite nice.
To anyone unfamiliar with that it sounds like a throwback to the "good ol' times" of slavery.

Old 06-12-2012, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpatofll View Post
To anyone unfamiliar with that it sounds like a throwback to the "good ol' times" of slavery.
Have you ever been to Plantation? It's pretty diverse.

Old 06-12-2012, 07:22 PM

423 posts, read 1,644,075 times
Yes, Plantation is very nice and very central. Easy commute to anywhere in South Florida, lots of parks, green space yet it does not have a cookie cutter feeling. To OP's question, I would personally pick Hawk's Landing among the three.

Old 06-15-2012, 07:19 AM

3,249 posts, read 3,204,745 times
All 3 are very nice -- if I lived in Hawk's Landing, I would not want a lot next to I-595 though. I know there is a barrier wall to break the sound but I wouldn't like the idea of living next to a busy interstate, nor the view.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area