Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 10:05 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,811,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor88 View Post
... but would caution against going into Oakland park west of I95. Over there, the city borders on Lauderdale Lakes, which is a cesspool.
That's a shame.

I was born and raised in Lauderdale and my family had one of the first homes built in the Twin Lakes area. (also known at times as Lauderdale Lakes)

The development was called Junez at the time but became Twin Lakes later on. (Prospect Rd and NW 15th Ave area)

It was a Great neighborhood to grow up in with lots of good families and friends.

Haven't been back there in over twenty years though.

I hate hearing about the areas demise!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2012, 11:35 PM

1,336 posts, read 4,946,312 times
yep, Ft. Lauderdale and Broward county are unrecognizeable from the 60s, 70s and even early 80s when it was an old school all american beach town with a great family vibe in the nearby suburbs. its a shame whats happened to the area

Old 07-13-2012, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnFla View Post
yep, Ft. Lauderdale and Broward county are unrecognizeable from the 60s, 70s and even early 80s when it was an old school all american beach town with a great family vibe in the nearby suburbs. its a shame whats happened to the area
Talk about a small town (lauderdale) .. My father, uncle and myself all went to the same elementary school and had the same first grade teacher! (NOT at the same time )

Mrs Lloyd, Northside Elementary.

No buildings allowed downtown over three stories either!
Stories?
"I have a Million of em"

BTW: Mom, myself, my little brother and youngest uncle were in that crowd scene (crossing A1A and Las Olas Blvd) in where the boys are! (Front side of the Elbo Room)

Yep .. I go way-y-y back!

Old 07-15-2012, 12:20 PM

5,013 posts, read 7,386,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnFla View Post
It's such a crime!
It's become almost unrecognizable!
Too many greedy politicians/developers ruined it.

Old 07-20-2012, 07:49 AM

5 posts, read 11,437 times
Default Thank You To All About Info on OAKLAND PK & it's TABOO

I do really wish to express my many thanks to all those who took out the time to reply about my concerns and safety about moving and possibly residing in Oakland Pk. I absorbed, comprehended, and reviewed my thought process about moving, and have decided in spite of all the negativity I will move to a select section within Oakland Pk living amongst Gay, Liberal, Conservative, Moderate, Democratic, Republican, open minded individuals who have the strength and desire to live and strive for a safe, productive community. I had taken off a day of work to do extensive research reading through all these threads, various posts, and replies, and have decided that there are many on here that are socially inept, and lack the necessary social skills to communicate with individuals in person, therefore there words that are posted from their alleged safe house in a darkened room, in a gated community, being judgemental on area's that they obtained info on by listening to local news, lack the credentials to offer advice about where to live. There is no such thing as a safe community after observing another massacre in Colorado, where their were children, young adults from all walks of life anhilated, in a good neighborhood trying to watch a favorite Super Hero BATMAN, how ironic. Your hate, bigoted comments, and disgust for fellow human beings will reap even more despair. So, once again, I really do appreciate all those who took the time out to offer advice, and wish you all well, but the guy NOLEFAN24 definitely should seek some sought of professional help and counseling, especially being such a opionated, narrow minded, young adult that has venom spewing from his mouth with his views, and strong opinions, in NEW YORK there is a word that has become synonymous which describes NOLRFAN24, and that word is YENTAH, thats right YENTAH, and when you hear or read what a YENTAH states you take it like a grain of salt, and dismiss all that was stated from such a MESHUGANAH.
Thank You

Old 07-20-2012, 09:44 PM

104 posts, read 228,032 times
Well damn, if I knew you were such a crusty dude I would have referred you straight to Century Village.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:14 AM

5 posts, read 11,437 times
fkostas, can you define what you have posted? Or am I to comprehend that your slur is to mean that I am a old Jewish dude, that belongs in a retirement community. Obviously that is your code language, but then again, I may have confused you, by using terminology with words that contain two or more syllables. I am not a dude, but an attractive, hot looking 41 yo, that will enhance the beauty of Florida beaches.
The only thing thay may be crusty is your underwear from sitting on your butt, with no life, but monitoring these threads, get a CLUE, get a LIFE

Old 07-22-2012, 12:00 PM

104 posts, read 228,032 times

Old 07-23-2012, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashn1 View Post
I do really wish to express my many thanks to all those who took out the time to reply about my concerns and safety about moving and possibly residing in Oakland Pk. I absorbed, comprehended, and reviewed my thought process about moving, and have decided in spite of all the negativity I will move to a select section within Oakland Pk living amongst Gay, Liberal, Conservative, Moderate, Democratic, Republican, open minded individuals who have the strength and desire to live and strive for a safe, productive community. I had taken off a day of work to do extensive research reading through all these threads, various posts, and replies, and have decided that there are many on here that are socially inept, and lack the necessary social skills to communicate with individuals in person, therefore there words that are posted from their alleged safe house in a darkened room, in a gated community, being judgemental on area's that they obtained info on by listening to local news, lack the credentials to offer advice about where to live. There is no such thing as a safe community after observing another massacre in Colorado, where their were children, young adults from all walks of life anhilated, in a good neighborhood trying to watch a favorite Super Hero BATMAN, how ironic. Your hate, bigoted comments, and disgust for fellow human beings will reap even more despair. So, once again, I really do appreciate all those who took the time out to offer advice, and wish you all well, but the guy NOLEFAN24 definitely should seek some sought of professional help and counseling, especially being such a opionated, narrow minded, young adult that has venom spewing from his mouth with his views, and strong opinions, in NEW YORK there is a word that has become synonymous which describes NOLRFAN24, and that word is YENTAH, thats right YENTAH, and when you hear or read what a YENTAH states you take it like a grain of salt, and dismiss all that was stated from such a MESHUGANAH.
Thank You
Next time you can thank us by creating 'paragraphs'.

Old 07-24-2012, 10:14 PM

482 posts, read 941,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
Being that the OP mentions she's caucasion and wants "predominantly safe" neighborhoods and mentions drive-bys, gangs, etc, I cant help but think that's an undercover way of saying she wants a predominantly white neighborhood.

Well, Oakland Park isn't gonna be that. That's for dang sure.
if u want to buy a house, I just dont think Oakland park is the best place to do that. Housing is cheap there for a reason, cuz no one's clamoring to live there. Albeit, it's decent in certain areas, but just keep an open mind and look at other areas. Perhaps Victoria Park area? Coral Springs, Boca, Coconut Creek, etc.
lolol. you're 100% correct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area