Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2012, 01:40 PM

1 posts, read 3,324 times

Advertisements

Read posts about good places to live in the Ft Lauderdale & surrounding suburbs which were helpful. My daughter & I want to buy a inexpensive vacation condo, or single family home in a safe & nice community. We would like a quiet location, but not too far from the nightlife in Ft Lauderdale, or a beach, 30 minute drive MAX. preferably closer. We live in another State and are unfamiliar with Ft Lauderdale. Additional suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

What about Miramar? I read that in 2008 it was on CNN's list of top 100 places to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2012, 06:45 PM

5,020 posts, read 7,448,079 times
Not to be personal, but what's your budget?
That's important.
What do you want nearby? i.e. restaurants, shopping... how quiet?

Old 07-15-2012, 09:15 AM

4,346 posts, read 7,826,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsksss View Post
Read posts about good places to live in the Ft Lauderdale & surrounding suburbs which were helpful. My daughter & I want to buy a inexpensive vacation condo, or single family home in a safe & nice community. We would like a quiet location, but not too far from the nightlife in Ft Lauderdale, or a beach, 30 minute drive MAX. preferably closer. We live in another State and are unfamiliar with Ft Lauderdale. Additional suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

What about Miramar? I read that in 2008 it was on CNN's list of top 100 places to live.
Weston is a lot better.

Old 07-15-2012, 06:32 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,898,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsksss View Post

Miramar is fine overall but nothing special and more of a bedroom community to Miami. I would probably take Miramar off the list. Better areas to look into for a vacation home would be Boca Raton (not as expensive in some sections as you might expect), sections of Deerfield Beach, and maybe parts of Hollywood and Hallandale Beach. If you want to go a little inland but not too far inland, Plantation and Davie are worth a look with a nice central location and a good choice of quiet neighborhoods. There are a few resort style condominiums in Weston, which is a good 30 minutes from the beach, but very clean and certainly worth looking into.

Old 07-15-2012, 07:29 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,469,718 times
Miramar is decent, but is too far west from the beach and is more of a family oriented suburb. There are a dozen other places that would be better suited to your needs. I'm guessing your daughter is an adult so schools will not be an issue. I would look in the eastern areas closest to the beach or right on the beach. Pompano Beach and Hallandale Beach are good areas. Also check out Lauderdale By The Seas and Sea Ranch Lakes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area