U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 01:03 PM

3 posts, read 4,670 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are looking to relocate the family to Coral Springs. We don't know the area yet, but would like to purchase a home vs rent. Any feedback is welcome. Good areas and neighborhoods, schools (preschool, elementary, and middle) and the overall opinion of the city. Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2012, 03:47 PM

142 posts, read 377,154 times
As far as schools, have you been to the great schools site? Sorry I can't help more, I'm looking to relocate, but don't live in the area yet!

Old 07-26-2012, 06:56 PM

480 posts, read 837,349 times
Coral Springs is pretty much cool, especially around the park. Sample Road can be a little sketchy though.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:53 PM

73 posts, read 243,059 times
Ahhhh.....this was me back in September. Do not and I mean DO NOT buy before you live here. You may not like where you choose. I speak from experience. We had to move real quick for my husband's job (USPS) and I thought I did plenty of research. My main priority was the school district. We found a condo (didn't want to house hunt yet) that looked really nice (in pictures) and was in the district that we liked. Boy were we wrong!!!! It was the most disgusting place in creation. It is on the corner of Atlantic Blvd and Riverside Dr near the border of Margate. As long as you are west of University Dr, you're pretty good. The closer you get toward Parkland, the better. My son goes to Riverside Elementary and my daughter goes to Ramblewood Middle. Both kids love the school and their teachers. My son got almost all A's and my daughter got straight A's. If you have other questions, I'll be glad to help. I wish I had a little more insight before we moved. Good luck.

Old 07-27-2012, 04:34 AM

480 posts, read 837,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgennaro View Post
Ahhhh.....this was me back in September. Do not and I mean DO NOT buy before you live here. You may not like where you choose. I speak from experience. We had to move real quick for my husband's job (USPS) and I thought I did plenty of research. My main priority was the school district. We found a condo (didn't want to house hunt yet) that looked really nice (in pictures) and was in the district that we liked. Boy were we wrong!!!! It was the most disgusting place in creation. It is on the corner of Atlantic Blvd and Riverside Dr near the border of Margate. As long as you are west of University Dr, you're pretty good. The closer you get toward Parkland, the better. My son goes to Riverside Elementary and my daughter goes to Ramblewood Middle. Both kids love the school and their teachers. My son got almost all A's and my daughter got straight A's. If you have other questions, I'll be glad to help. I wish I had a little more insight before we moved. Good luck.
True. This is good info. The further west, the better. Strange though because its further from the beach.

Old 07-27-2012, 02:25 PM

3 posts, read 4,670 times
Thank you so much. I tell what, I really don't want to buy just yet because I fear exactly what happened to you... My main concern is the children. My son starts middle school this year and that transition alone can be difficult, let alone in a new place with new people. How about the community itself? Are the people nice? I feel the people get more and more rude around here. I live in Kendall currently. Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

Old 07-29-2012, 12:48 PM

166 posts, read 347,183 times
You can usually tell the quality of the middle school by the high school. All the high schools south and west are good. It depends on your price but this is definitely the time to buy, if you calculate the rent thrown away and the prices going up then you could easily get priced out of this market. Right now any NICE home under 300K is getting multiple offers and bidding wars! Most good Realtors can help you avoid what happen to jgennaro.

Old 07-30-2012, 10:52 AM

73 posts, read 243,059 times
I couldn't agree with you more Gary!!! You absolutely NEED a great realtor. Our first realtor was from "Rent One Sale One" Realty on Sample Road. They deal with all the slum locations. It's office is in the heart of it. We knew absolutely nothing about the area. We've lived on Long Island our whole lives. We found a really nice realtor who knew exactly what we wanted and more importantly WHERE we wanted it and now we have the house we were dreaming about.

As far as high schools go....Coral Springs High School is a no no. Taravella and Douglas Stoneman (I think that's the name) are very good schools. A distant relative of mine graduated from Taravella and is now an attorney.

Old 08-01-2012, 01:01 PM

91 posts, read 190,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgennaro View Post
A distant relative of mine graduated from Taravella and is now an attorney.

Not to be a richard cranium, but this means nothing. A friend of a friend went to this pre school I know of and he is now a famous actor, so send your kids there.

Old 09-08-2012, 10:01 PM

4 posts, read 8,271 times
We are moving to Coral Springs at the end of September. We have a 10th grader, 8th grader and 4th grader and we are all scared to death. :/ Have you found a place to live yet? We are renting at Gables San Remo for a year first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area