Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2012, 05:44 PM

3 posts, read 5,208 times

Advertisements

I will be visiting Ft. Lauderdale in a couple of weeks. Do realtors typically have open houses on Sundays (or Sat.)? Where do they usually advertise an open house? I am not sure of what area I am interested in yet so any area is fine as long as I get to view some house and neighborhoods.
Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2012, 05:41 AM

1,108 posts, read 4,216,657 times
Cool Buy the News Paper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo1994 View Post
I will be visiting Ft. Lauderdale in a couple of weeks. Do realtors typically have open houses on Sundays (or Sat.)? Where do they usually advertise an open house? I am not sure of what area I am interested in yet so any area is fine as long as I get to view some house and neighborhoods.
Thanks,
Alot of open houses are advertised in the Sunday edition of the local news paper...for the ones on Saturday I would try the Friday and Saturday editions......unfortunately, as per my neighbor - a local real estate agent - 70% of open house visiters follow the signs advertising an open house and never see the add in the paper...so several open house may not be listed...the same goes with the homes for sale by the owner...FSBO...alot of times they just put signs up hoping they will attract a buyer...

Basically...you can find an area you like and ride around looking for those "For Sale" signs...or look for a real estate agent that can take you around...there are also numerous web sites that will give you information as well as addresses on homes...if you see something you like...you can call the listing agent and ask for a showing...of course you could always knock on the owners door and see if they will let you in...about a 50/50 chance....good luck...

Old 08-05-2012, 01:51 PM

3 posts, read 5,208 times
Thank you! That's pretty much how it works in Philly too.

Old 08-08-2012, 06:44 PM

166 posts, read 384,235 times
We basically don't do open houses anymore. Most real estate websites allow 25-35 photos, virtual tours etc. so driving around at $4/gallon is an ineffective way to find a home for sale with very low inventory. I've heard there is a Reader's Digest article stating this that our newspaper wrote about. Since the open house sign does not have the size of the home or the price then walking around a home that is out of your price range becomes a big waste of time. Go Phillies!

Old 08-09-2012, 03:22 PM

1,108 posts, read 4,216,657 times
[quote=garyhitchcock;25546984]We basically don't do open houses anymore. Most real estate websites allow 25-35 photos, virtual tours etc.

Absolutely...I agree with you 100%......unfortunately...the photos & virtual tours on line do not show you what the neighborhood looks like......and that is something you have to see for yourself...

Old 08-11-2012, 07:15 PM

137 posts, read 425,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo1994 View Post
Thanks,
I moved from Northern Virginia where Open houses were the norm on a sunday; but its not something they do here in soflo. Probably too many gated communities in the suburbs. I had my house on the market a year ago and the agent thought that was an odd request when I insisted she hold some open houses. She did hold a brokers open was about the best I could get.

Get yourself a good agent who is willing to show you as many homes as you want to see. There are just too many homes on the market, so be very specific with what you want and I'm sure you'll find it. So so many homes and not enough buyers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area