Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 09:56 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,828,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_Miller View Post
Who said anything about panhandlers in Weston?

Reading is fundamental.

So... no reason to go for the throat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2012, 03:25 PM

157 posts, read 332,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
So... no reason to go for the throat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
I think some people love to exaggerate things.

???

Old 11-08-2012, 09:06 AM

26 posts, read 63,760 times
To be close to Pembroke Pines and just a 20-30 minute drive from the beach, I vote for Weston. Parkland is northwest and would be a heck of a commute to Pembroke Pines. Depending on where he is working, you could be quite close as I-75 is the divider between Pembroke Pines and Weston.

Good luck on your move!
Jenn

Old 11-08-2012, 09:14 AM

266 posts, read 402,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyPesos View Post
To answer your question, MOVE TO WESTON. It is the nicest town in that area that is the best maintained with all A+ rated schools. This is really a no brainer and you will see for yourself. Pembroke pines evolves arounds pines blvd which is one of the busiest roads ever. Drive down Royal Palm Blvd in Weston and you will see exactly why we fell in love. Weston also is home to so many different celebrities. You will see how well the town maintains the streets and the amount of people who are exercising on a daily basis is amazing.
Completely agree Weston is the best option if you are not on much of a budget. I would also look into Parkland and Davie.

Old 11-12-2012, 05:30 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,209,468 times
Coral Gables is a great area, but may be far from work.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:17 PM

95 posts, read 214,554 times
Lot of good advices and discussions

For the amount you are looking to spend,Parklane is good choice..but will be too far from P Pines

for 300-400K you should find nice homes in Weston.
And if its Pembroke Pines and Miramar,try to stay west of I-75

Plantation has Hawks Landing near 595 which is upscale

Old 11-15-2012, 08:10 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,107,880 times
Since you are moving from the middle of the US, live near the ocean. I have three girlfriends with kids who moved to Rio Vista. Homes probably average around $700,000 but over a million on the water.

Very close knit community and tons for kids to do. I do book camp with them when I'm in Fort Lauderdale.

I love the neighborhood because it isn't a gated community, the houses are older and well taken care of or rebuids, mature landscape, very close to Las Olas and the beach, and very close to a lot of other shopping and dining.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:35 PM

30 posts, read 93,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Since you are moving from the middle of the US, live near the ocean. I have three girlfriends with kids who moved to Rio Vista. Homes probably average around $700,000 but over a million on the water.

Very close knit community and tons for kids to do. I do book camp with them when I'm in Fort Lauderdale.

I love the neighborhood because it isn't a gated community, the houses are older and well taken care of or rebuids, mature landscape, very close to Las Olas and the beach, and very close to a lot of other shopping and dining.
Where is Rio Vista exactly?

Old 11-19-2012, 08:45 PM

30 posts, read 93,553 times
Are there any areas like Hollywood that would be worth checking out? I really want an upscale neighborhood with fine shopping and dining. I feel like so far everyone seems to think Weston is the place for us to go. Does either Plantation or Davie offer what I'm looking for? What about Pompano?

My only hesitation with going inland (or westward) is that it's so far from the water, will we be missing out on the biggest reason to move to FL?

Old 11-20-2012, 05:03 AM

83 posts, read 207,138 times
I agree with Weston...IMO Davie and Plantation are not what I would consider 'upscale', I live in Davie and like the area but would not say I have fine shopping and fine dining in it. Plantation has some very nice and expensive areas too but can't see fine dining/shopping in it, although you can find both close by.
Not too familiar with Pompano but it is definitely not known for being upscale...
All of these are relatively close to the beach, you may not be able to walk to it but I'd say they're all within a 30 min drive or so...I'm not much of a beach person but I'm sure others can chime in on that...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area