Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 08:58 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,371,787 times

Advertisements

Las Olas area is a busy area. Other than the beach, where are there places for kids to run and play? I only remember intracoastal and commercial areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2013, 04:55 PM

1,007 posts, read 1,125,891 times
I have been here about 6 months (renting) and have been looking at Coral Springs and Parkland. I am a suburban girl at heart lol. I like Weston too but I want to be closer to PB since I know people there. I have spent time in Davie and really like it as well. I have been renting in Fort Lauderdale and it is a great place. I love going to the beach and all the shopping. If money was no object, I would consider living right on the beach.

Thanks for the tip on Coconut Creek Since money is an object for me, I will start looking there too.

Old 01-13-2013, 08:39 AM

91 posts, read 219,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
The OP is talking about where to live if money is no object. Coconut Creek/Margate are ok but not "money is no object" places.
Um there are some REALLY nice areas of coconut creek with very expensive houses.

Old 01-13-2013, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona13 View Post
I have been here about 6 months (renting) and have been looking at Coral Springs and Parkland. I am a suburban girl at heart lol. I like Weston too but I want to be closer to PB since I know people there. I have spent time in Davie and really like it as well. I have been renting in Fort Lauderdale and it is a great place. I love going to the beach and all the shopping. If money was no object, I would consider living right on the beach.

Thanks for the tip on Coconut Creek Since money is an object for me, I will start looking there too.
Ya it worked out good for us, I like it MUCH better than Coral Springs. We rent a 2/2.5 town house for $1250 a month and like the area. Its dated, but its almost 1300 SQ FT and the crime is fairly low in the area. For money saving this worked out great, much better than $1300 month in Coral Springs for a 3rd floor APT that was 1100 sq ft.

Old 01-13-2013, 05:18 PM

I have family in Margate so Coconut Creek would be a great option for me.

What about the area do you like better than Coral Springs (besides the expense?). I don't have kids, so school district is not a consideration for me right now but I do want something with good resale value and that usually correlates to school district.

Old 01-14-2013, 05:53 PM

104 posts, read 229,078 times
If money is no object and you enjoy the finer things in life, welcome to east Ft. Lauderdale. I'm not going to try to sell you on bait shops, cheap parking, or boring suburban malls. East Ft Lauderdale has waterfront homes and dining, an upscale mall with a Red Door spa, dockage for your yacht, and neighbors who also enjoy the finer things in life.

P.S. by waterfront, I do mean the Atlantic ocean or Intracoastal waterway, not some drainage canal in the western suburbs.

Nice try on Margate and Coconut Creek, you guys.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:59 AM

My post stated that money was an object for me in inquiring about those areas, so no need to be rude.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:36 PM

35 posts, read 64,007 times
The best are Weston, Southwest Ranches, Cooper City , Parkland and Coconut Creek. All solid good cities. Avoid all the rest because you can only find a few pockets of a small good section surrounded by Ghetto. Check city data demographics and crime rates for Broward County cities.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkostas View Post
If money is no object and you enjoy the finer things in life, welcome to east Ft. Lauderdale. I'm not going to try to sell you on bait shops, cheap parking, or boring suburban malls. East Ft Lauderdale has waterfront homes and dining, an upscale mall with a Red Door spa, dockage for your yacht, and neighbors who also enjoy the finer things in life.

P.S. by waterfront, I do mean the Atlantic ocean or Intracoastal waterway, not some drainage canal in the western suburbs.

Nice try on Margate and Coconut Creek, you guys.

You had me till you put Margate and Coconut Creek in the same sentence. Seriously.

Old 02-03-2013, 05:01 PM

52 posts, read 199,624 times
Weston is a nice city and well taken care of. Schools are decent also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area