Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 03:38 PM

13 posts, read 23,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
So a 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath, 1 car garage condo won't cut it?

Also it is possible to find a small single family house in Weston for around $300 K
Really need a private fenced yard.....😊
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 05:14 PM

3,237 posts, read 3,196,331 times
Have you been able to find something in Forest Ridge for your price? I would think that would be very difficult. I think the Forest Ridge area also is very nice -- it's in one of the most beautiful areas of West Broward, IMHO, since you're on The Ridge, the highest natural point in Broward County (which is what, a few inches above sea level? but still so pretty with the oak trees and nature grounds). I thought you could hear the air planes a bit too much, but I've spoken to people who live there and they haven't noticed it. I used to live nearby, in the Pine Island Ridge development. You might want to see about any listings in "Oak Knoll" in Pine Island Ridge. It is the only single-family development in that community and the homes are not as expensive as Forest Ridge (which is all single-family homes) because in Pine Island Ridge you have mostly condos, villas and townhomes. When I lived there, the Board made sure everything was very well - kept, and well run. I just did a check on Zillow and saw there is a 3/2 listed for $295k.

I live in Weston and I think if you look at certain sections -- Bonaventure and San Remo, for example, you will be able to find a small home (around 1600 sq) for under $300k. I live close to San Remo, and I also saw on Zillow there is a 3/2 for $298k. I would budget around $4500 or so each for property taxes and insurance (so about $9 grand or so -- I am estimating on the high(er) side but this will give you a general idea). Did you also look in Rock Creek in Cooper City?

Old 01-02-2013, 05:32 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,909,503 times
Taxes will be roughly 1.5% of purchase price.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizrap View Post
Have you been able to find something in Forest Ridge for your price? I would think that would be very difficult. I think the Forest Ridge area also is very nice -- it's in one of the most beautiful areas of West Broward, IMHO, since you're on The Ridge, the highest natural point in Broward County (which is what, a few inches above sea level? but still so pretty with the oak trees and nature grounds). I thought you could hear the air planes a bit too much, but I've spoken to people who live there and they haven't noticed it. I used to live nearby, in the Pine Island Ridge development. You might want to see about any listings in "Oak Knoll" in Pine Island Ridge. It is the only single-family development in that community and the homes are not as expensive as Forest Ridge (which is all single-family homes) because in Pine Island Ridge you have mostly condos, villas and townhomes. When I lived there, the Board made sure everything was very well - kept, and well run. I just did a check on Zillow and saw there is a 3/2 listed for $295k.

I live in Weston and I think if you look at certain sections -- Bonaventure and San Remo, for example, you will be able to find a small home (around 1600 sq) for under $300k. I live close to San Remo, and I also saw on Zillow there is a 3/2 for $298k. I would budget around $4500 or so each for property taxes and insurance (so about $9 grand or so -- I am estimating on the high(er) side but this will give you a general idea). Did you also look in Rock Creek in Cooper City?
Awesome reply!

We had one slip away in Forest Ridge. Beautiful 3/2 with awesome new kitchen sold in 48 hours after being listed. Asking was $275K. Still a couple under $300K. We are going to see one on Saturday. We did look in Rock Creek and only saw one house under $300K and it needed major updating. Most places around $380K. Nice neighborhood though, looked very friendly!

I will definitely check out Pine Island Ridge!

Anyone have any real reason Walnut Creek should not be considered? Looking for some more info on that place! Taxes at 1.5% is doable but insurance that high seems crazy, especially if the home is post Andrew construction and has had wind mitigation. I was thinking about $2400 max on insurance on a smaller home and lot.

Thanks everyone!

Old 01-02-2013, 06:40 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,828,936 times
Not all the single family homes will have a fence. But you can always add it.

Old 01-02-2013, 07:07 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,909,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUGRAD View Post
Awesome reply!

We had one slip away in Forest Ridge. Beautiful 3/2 with awesome new kitchen sold in 48 hours after being listed. Asking was $275K. Still a couple under $300K. We are going to see one on Saturday. We did look in Rock Creek and only saw one house under $300K and it needed major updating. Most places around $380K. Nice neighborhood though, looked very friendly!

I will definitely check out Pine Island Ridge!

Anyone have any real reason Walnut Creek should not be considered? Looking for some more info on that place! Taxes at 1.5% is doable but insurance that high seems crazy, especially if the home is post Andrew construction and has had wind mitigation. I was thinking about $2400 max on insurance on a smaller home and lot.

Thanks everyone!
Wind insurance is a fortune.

Old 01-03-2013, 04:44 PM

58 posts, read 109,198 times
Sorry, don't know anything about Walnut Creek. I live in Forest Ridge in Davie and it's a great location and close to 595.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenday87 View Post
Sorry, don't know anything about Walnut Creek. I live in Forest Ridge in Davie and it's a great location and close to 595.
What do you think the commute would be from Forest Ridge to the turnpike to 12th street in Doral if I leave around 7? Likewise how about the commute from a forest Ridge to West Cypress Creek road in FTL.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:25 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,828,936 times
Not sure about Forest Ridge to Doral, but Forest Ridge to Cypress Creek shouldn't be too long - I commute all the way from Weston to Cypress Creek and I-95, and it normally takes me 35 minutes.

Now where on West Cypress Creek is your destination?

Old 01-04-2013, 02:04 PM

58 posts, read 109,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUGRAD View Post
What do you think the commute would be from Forest Ridge to the turnpike to 12th street in Doral if I leave around 7? Likewise how about the commute from a forest Ridge to West Cypress Creek road in FTL.
From Forest Ridge to Doral, I would recommend taking I-595 to I-75 down south. Currently, there is a lot of construction that is going on with I-595 and the connector between I-75 and the Palmetto. I'd say it is somewhat variable in time -- on a good day, it could take 30-45 min and on a bad day, it can take 1-1 hr and 30 min. There is almost always an accident and traffic so just be warned. Once the construction is offer, the trip might be a little better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area