Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2013, 10:19 AM

2 posts, read 2,245 times

Advertisements

I need to a new smart phone so it is time to compare carriers. I currently have Sprint 3G and I am not happy,my voice service is never very clear and internet is very very slow. However they tell me that the service is going to get better as the finish upgrading their towers.

I work from home and my use of my cell is minimal during the day. However when I need to leave my home it is very important to me to have very clear single for voice. I do need a data plan, but do not need unlimited. I do not use many apps, mostly just calls, texts and checking e-mail. And of course, I want the best price!

Any suggestions on carrier and phone? I could not find a recent reviews of 4G service in South FL. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2013, 11:11 AM

142 posts, read 439,405 times
I have the iPhone 4S, with AT&T. I've only been here, in Broward, mostly in Weston, but do go up to Sunrise and down to Miramar often. Occasionally to Fort Lauderdale. And my husband works in North Miami. Anyway, so far, no complaints.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:17 AM

4,346 posts, read 7,822,860 times
Right neat the library in Weston (also near Cypress Bay high school) most carriers drop the signal for some reason.

The only one that works for me in that area is T-Mobile.

However T-Mobile drops signal in many other areas, for example areas near Citrix.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:05 PM

28 posts, read 165,943 times
Hi There
It really depends on where you live, for example, in the city of Weston there are no towers allowed so almost all cell phone connections are dismal (someone might disagree with me but that has been my experience). If I didn't have wi fi calling I would be screwed here in Weston, having said that, most of SoFla is well covered.

In regards to 4G coverage, Verizon is pretty solid but IMHO, they are way overpriced, Tmobile is also not bad at all, I have had them for quite sometime and they have been reliable, they also have some great prepaid 4G plans you may wish to check out. Another carrier I have been pleasantly surprised by is MetroPCS 4G LTE, not sure in other areas in the USA, but in South Florida, they have a good coverage and so far most of the people that use them are satisfied (I am sure there are many dissatisfied ones as well ). Just shop around check out the coverage maps. Honestly, in my opinion price wise you cannot beat MetroPCS and Tmobile among the major players unless you go for the smaller carriers like Straight talk,tracfone or simple mobile, however I would steer clear of those since you say you want faster data. Good Luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area