Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 08:08 PM

229 posts, read 533,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkumar3 View Post

By the way, I don't mean to say this is better than the far western communities such as Sunset Lakes and Sunset Falls, I just wouldn't completely rule it out. Now if it was Silver Falls, I would rule it out!
Why is Silver Falls worse?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 08:10 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,800,032 times
Silver Falls is a nightmare. It has one way in, one way out off Flamingo Road - really sits in N.Miami instead of Miramar and is just a logistical nightmare. I think the homes are far less attractive, and it was built at the height of the crisis so I have to imagine many are either underwater or foreclosure sales. Just dont even think about it. You will regret it.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:47 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,901,381 times
Monarch Lakes isn't exquisite, but most sections are much better than Silver Falls. I wouldn't rule out a nice house in a nice section of Monarch Lakes if the price is right, but areas west of 75 or further north are obviously better.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:45 PM

203 posts, read 518,912 times
Sliver Falls is a nightmare and Vizcaya is even worse because it sits right behind the county line. You can search the forum and others will tell you of all the crime that has taken place in both of these communities. It's really bad. I'm saying this because I have lived in Silver Falls since 2005. Both developments were hit really hard with foreclosures so expect to see a lot of homes unmaintained. Like I said before I personally wouldn't recommend Monarch Lakes if you have the income to afford to live some place better. The more West you go the safer. Silver Lakes which is west of I-75 seems to be nice from the times I have visited friends that lives there.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:32 PM

229 posts, read 533,906 times
So the communities south of the turnpike but north of Country Club (NW 202nd St./Flamingo Road/NW 67th Ave.) are considered worse than the other neighborhoods? I'm talking about Silver Falls and the communities directly south of it. It's also weird how parts of Miramar are actually south of County Line Road...

One more thing... what about the section near Bass Creek road that are sandwiched between the turnpike and I-75? Is it bad to live in-between two major highways?

Old 02-13-2013, 11:08 PM

203 posts, read 518,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCounty View Post
So the communities south of the turnpike but north of Country Club (NW 202nd St./Flamingo Road/NW 67th Ave.) are considered worse than the other neighborhoods? I'm talking about Silver Falls and the communities directly south of it. It's also weird how parts of Miramar are actually south of County Line Road...

One more thing... what about the section near Bass Creek road that are sandwiched between the turnpike and I-75? Is it bad to live in-between two major highways?
Yes they are! Don't take my word for it. Just search the forum. I think living between two major highways (Turnpike/I-75) will always bring traffic to your area. Remember they are adding more and more stuff to that area.

Old 02-14-2013, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCounty View Post
That area is pretty nice. It's worth noting that Windsor Palms has the sporadic section 8 tenant, but so do most neighborhoods in west Pines/Miramar.

Old 02-15-2013, 02:15 PM

984 posts, read 4,316,767 times
That's all good information, so I'll still consider Monarch Lakes (but I won't put it on my main list). Sunset Lakes is good, and I've just noticed that apparently there's a Miramar Police Station just in front one of its subdivisions, near its community center, which is another great point and probably one of the reasons this complex is, according to statistics, one of the safest in West Miramar. Pembroke Falls I am considering definitely as well, well located and has great houses. I would prefer something in Weston, but I don't think it will be possible, as the commute from West Pines/Miramar (to MIA/Flagami) already will be pretty shoddy for me.

And does anybody know about Pembroke Isles? From the internet and statistics it looks great. It's west of I-75 just south of Sheridan. Also I wonder about those homes spread between Weston and Pines surrounding right to the west and east of I-75 between Sheridan and Griffin.

Old 02-15-2013, 08:12 PM

423 posts, read 1,643,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobMAX View Post
And does anybody know about Pembroke Isles? From the internet and statistics it looks great. It's west of I-75 just south of Sheridan. Also I wonder about those homes spread between Weston and Pines surrounding right to the west and east of I-75 between Sheridan and Griffin.
Pembroke Isles is very nice and very well kept, love it. I also like the other section that you mentioned... in fact I personally prefer that area to those on the main Pines Blvd due to heavy traffic on Pines, much easier to get to I-75 from Sheridan.... For example, parts of Spring Valley are very nice.

Old 02-15-2013, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobMAX View Post
That's all good information, so I'll still consider Monarch Lakes (but I won't put it on my main list). Sunset Lakes is good, and I've just noticed that apparently there's a Miramar Police Station just in front one of its subdivisions, near its community center, which is another great point and probably one of the reasons this complex is, according to statistics, one of the safest in West Miramar. Pembroke Falls I am considering definitely as well, well located and has great houses. I would prefer something in Weston, but I don't think it will be possible, as the commute from West Pines/Miramar (to MIA/Flagami) already will be pretty shoddy for me.

That area along I-75 is known as Ivanhoe Estates and is considered a part of Davie. I would choose that area over any others mentioned in this thread. Pembroke Isles is decent too.

Also, the traffic to get to I-75 from Sunset Lakes is HORRIBLE at rush hour times, worse than even Pines Blvd. Miramar Parkway doesn't move at all east bound between 7-9 AM, and is only slightly better in the afternoon. If anything, Ivanhoe Estates would be the quickest and easiest access to 75 south despite being further north, and the same scenario holds true for Weston due to less traffic congestion. In other words, pick a few extra miles of full speed driving versus a few extra minutes in traffic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area