Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 11:46 AM

105 posts, read 250,002 times

Advertisements

I agree with JSnFLa, South FL women are fukn crazy and this place is very shady. I come originally from Chicago, which is known for its violence, but the women in that city are 5 times more classy and down to earth than South FL women. While South FL is not as dangerous as Chicago or NYC in my opinion, JSnFLA's post is completely correct IMO that there is a certain shady element down here in the nitelife and the women don't even like you to treat them with respect or courtesy, they see that as weakness. They do want the tough type of guy and I had to adapt myself. Also, the women here are highly defensive compared to women from up north. I always am happy when I meet a chick from ATL or Tampa or Texas cause in the club, cause I know they are more friendly and easier to have a good time with. Down around Miami and Lauderdale tho, In the end, it's all about money tho. I've seen some lames pull some of the finest women here cause they are loaded and buy the girl drinks at the bar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2013, 08:26 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,466,972 times
I agree with some of the comments about nightlife. It is tough for guys without social status or lots of money to pull women here. Women have tough defense mechanisms here that you don't find in other cities. They are constantly alert to creepy guys and sketchy people approaching them. If someone says high in an elevator, it means they want something or want to get in their pants! If you're not loaded and you're not a plastic surgeon or hedge fund manager, you'd better have really good "game" if you decide to approach a girl.

There is also truth to them wanting a tough guy. The Leave It To Beaver good ole white boy routine doesn't work here. Neither does the Dawson's Creek, play your guitar to a girl in front of a lake with a picnic routine. You need to be a bad-A$% to get a girl. You need to work out at the gym, get tanned at the beach, and be somewhat successful money wise. Unless you have money, then you can be a lazy fat pig and still get a girl!

Old 03-07-2013, 06:45 AM

22,319 posts, read 29,400,492 times
Ft Lauderdale. Born and raised in Miami but have lived in Tampa. I'm 37 but I still like to go out and party once in a while. The highest end place considered in Tampa is Blue Martini and it's a much older crowd and crappy music. I was like WTF?? Plus everything closes at 2 or 3 due to laws.

Old 03-07-2013, 04:55 PM

32 posts, read 97,188 times
I'd choose Fort Lauderdale. I've lived in both and Tampa is dreadful on many levels IMO. Just no.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:23 PM

i thought tampa had ybor and a lot of strip clubs, fort laud aint all that believe me i been here for a while

Old 03-09-2013, 07:57 AM

22,319 posts, read 29,400,492 times
Ybor is not a place you want to be caught alone at night. The clubs are ghetto and so is the crowd.
Yes there's strip clubs there but theres also strip clubs in Ft Lauderdale. Plus FTL has higher end clubs

Old 03-09-2013, 03:42 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,823,743 times
LOL we are now comparing the areas based on the quality of their strip clubs (not that there is anything wrong with that)

Old 03-09-2013, 05:05 PM

264 posts, read 774,265 times
I love Fort Lauderdale and all of South Florida (from Boca to Miami). Anything north of that, Boynton/West Palm Beach areas disgust me. I don't like the culture and attitudes of people any further north than Boca.

I can honestly say since I've moved to South Florida 1-2 years ago, I have never experienced the rude people or snobby behavior people talk about on forums. From smaller "urban" style clubs to the fancier dining and nightlife venues, I am very happy with the quality of life and people I've come across.

As far as the women, it's just a different culture, and I could hardly say it's at all about money. There are all different types of women, communities, clubs, etc here for anyone to enjoy. I have seen first hand some crappy areas, but even that doesn't change my opinion.

I've been to Tampa several times, almost accepted a job there, glad I didn't, I would have absolutely hated myself if I had to move there. More life, energy, positivity, opportunity, fun, beaches, events, shopping, activities here in South Florida by a long shot. Living here is a dream for many people and most people that live here know it. It really amazes me when people say they think people are rude here... just smile and be happy, and treat people with respect and 99% of the time you'll get it in return.

If you really want to move here just research the areas and be sure you are in a nice and convenient area that fits your needs and enjoy!

Old 03-14-2013, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfo.evo View Post
I love Fort Lauderdale and all of South Florida (from Boca to Miami). Anything north of that, Boynton/West Palm Beach areas disgust me. I don't like the culture and attitudes of people any further north than Boca.

I can honestly say since I've moved to South Florida 1-2 years ago, I have never experienced the rude people or snobby behavior people talk about on forums. From smaller "urban" style clubs to the fancier dining and nightlife venues, I am very happy with the quality of life and people I've come across.

As far as the women, it's just a different culture, and I could hardly say it's at all about money. There are all different types of women, communities, clubs, etc here for anyone to enjoy. I have seen first hand some crappy areas, but even that doesn't change my opinion.

I've been to Tampa several times, almost accepted a job there, glad I didn't, I would have absolutely hated myself if I had to move there. More life, energy, positivity, opportunity, fun, beaches, events, shopping, activities here in South Florida by a long shot. Living here is a dream for many people and most people that live here know it. It really amazes me when people say they think people are rude here... just smile and be happy, and treat people with respect and 99% of the time you'll get it in return.

If you really want to move here just research the areas and be sure you are in a nice and convenient area that fits your needs and enjoy!
I agree sometimes it can be a dream to live here. But if you are a single guy, this is not the best place unless you are financially secure with a good car, which this guy might be. The pretty women here are not that nice of people, especially the closer you get to Miami. Many are strippers. Most are immigrants, not saying im anti-immigrants, but just know most ppl you deal with might be from the islands or South America or some other country or island. Many of the good women with morals loyal to their bf/husband.

Regardless of all this, what I am not a big fan of South FL is that there is not much industry or corporations that feed the South FL economy. If you have already made your money, yeah come down here, enjoy paradise. But a young man like myself is still trying to make his money, and working in fast food restaurants, hotels, and kitchens just isn't going to cut it for me. I have a great gf down here that I love deeply, but I am very close to pursuing a life in another city which has more industry and corporations feeding its economy.

Old 03-14-2013, 09:31 PM

264 posts, read 774,265 times
I drive an older economy car, have a decent job, and live and work in downtown, but haven't had the time to go out and meet a bunch of people to go out with besides from work. Since I am still fairly new here, the dilemma for me is once I am dating a girl for a while (or maybe just the ones I'm into) it doesn't really work out because I don't have the group of people we can go out with to bars, events, festivals, etc. The issue for me is finding someone who understands that and willing to have a serious relationship.

I'm a decent looking guy I say, and it's not hard to find women that are interested, but yea bottom line if you don't have the full package, most of the good looking women know they can get another guy any day of the week.

Me being the quasi-competitive guy I am, enjoy the challenge. Others just ***** about it or aren't willing to adapt. It's a different lifestyle and culture, but I've lived in more conservative places and different cities across the states, and believe me when I say I love the diversity of South Florida, the culture, people, the beaches, activities, and can appreciate even the "snobbiest" of ladies.

Yes, in Ft. Lauderdale/Miami a lot of the "beautiful" looking women might be a bit snobbish, who cares. There are plenty of others that aren't. There is an abundance of quality from Weston to Kendall to Aventura, and West Palm. The MOST beautiful women I have ever met come from and live in Boca Raton. Rich, classy, and down to earth

Moral of the story, I've gone out with some great ladies, paid for nice dinners and dates. Money is only a part of it, they mostly want guys that are attractive because they feel good when they have the guy that other ladies want. Someone who isn't clingy, because most of them are independent and enjoy their space in a relationship. Someone who carries himself as a successful person and is CONFIDENT (which has nothing to do with how much money you make), and is FUN.

I was just recently dating a beautiful girl in which we were both really into each other, I said something semi-confrontational to her once, and now she is pretty much gone, ready for the next guy I'm sure. So there's a lot of ass kissing involved with these ladies, and trust me, that holds true for even the richest and douchiest of guys here too.

That's Miami women for you. Highly independent and in demand. But like I said all the A+ and all around good girls are in Boca

/truth
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area