U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2013, 06:40 AM

36 posts, read 95,414 times

Advertisements

I am in desperate need of some advice...

I just took a job at Carnival Cruise Lines which is at 3655 NW 87TH AVE MIAMI, FL 33178. I live in Deerfield Beach. I do not want to put all the miles on my car and spend the extra $$$$ on gas etc. How can I use the tri rail to get to where I am going. I looked on tri rail and it says the closest train station is in Hileah which is about 5-6 miles from my job. Obviously I could walk it, but that does not make sense at all. This is my first time ever considering public transportation.

Can someone PLEASE help me come up with ideas on how to get there without driving the distance. I can go to the Deerfield Beach tri rail station.. that is no problem at all.

Begging for help
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2013, 06:57 AM

3,913 posts, read 8,390,971 times
This is a BRUTAL commute and Tri-Rail goes nowhere near Doral. You can take Tri-Rail to Dade County then switch onto the Miami Metrorail train. Still, I do not believe there is a station anywhere near Doral. The closest would be the airport, so maybe you could catch a bus from that station straight to Doral.

Another idea would be to buy a cheap used car and just park it at the train station and only use that car to commute between the train station and work. OF course you would need to pay extra insurance though.

Old 03-23-2013, 07:06 AM

I'd even be interested in a car pool and pay $$. If anyone knows anyone trust worthy that goes to this area please refer me to them.

Old 03-23-2013, 08:17 PM

986 posts, read 3,723,547 times
I've found a carpool program in a Miami New Times article, it's supported by the FDOT: Carpooling: South Florida Commuter Services - 1800234ride.com (Carpooling, Vanpooling, Transit)

Also, if you wanna take public transport, the less worse way would taking the Tri-Rail towards Miami, then get off it in the Hialeah Market Station and take the 36 Bus Line which goes to Doral and has a stop about two blocks north of your work. If you don't mind walking a lot, the other option would be getting off the Tri-Rail in the Tri-Rail/Metrorail Transfer Station and take it towards Palmetto Station, get off it in the Okeechobee Station and take the 73 Bus Southbound and get out in the intersection with NW 36th St and walk quite a few blocks west until you get to your workplace. Anyhow, both options would take about 2hrs plus the waiting time for the bus and the train(s).

Commuting by car would be quite shoddy, I've did a kinda similar commute - but reverse (from the Brickell area to Deerfield), and I've ended up quitting the job because of the damn commute. It took 1hr or more - when there was no accidents or major construction - and that was taking the 95 Express and driving pretty briskly.

Old 03-24-2013, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobMAX View Post
I've found a carpool program in a Miami New Times article, it's supported by the FDOT: Carpooling: South Florida Commuter Services - 1800234ride.com (Carpooling, Vanpooling, Transit)

Also, if you wanna take public transport, the less worse way would taking the Tri-Rail towards Miami, then get off it in the Hialeah Market Station and take the 36 Bus Line which goes to Doral and has a stop about two blocks north of your work. If you don't mind walking a lot, the other option would be getting off the Tri-Rail in the Tri-Rail/Metrorail Transfer Station and take it towards Palmetto Station, get off it in the Okeechobee Station and take the 73 Bus Southbound and get out in the intersection with NW 36th St and walk quite a few blocks west until you get to your workplace. Anyhow, both options would take about 2hrs plus the waiting time for the bus and the train(s).

Commuting by car would be quite shoddy, I've did a kinda similar commute - but reverse (from the Brickell area to Deerfield), and I've ended up quitting the job because of the damn commute. It took 1hr or more - when there was no accidents or major construction - and that was taking the 95 Express and driving pretty briskly.
thank you for the help!! im also going to looking at just getting to the hialeah tri rail stop and seeing about a coworker picking me up on their way in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or