U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 12:25 PM

5 posts, read 6,346 times

Advertisements

I will be moving to Fort Lauderdale in the fall (August 2013) and have started looking online for information about neighborhoods or specific buildings in the area. Unfortunately, I live in NYC now so I can't actually go visit these buildings in person. I'm planning a visit down to the area in June or July, but before I go I'd like to have a general idea of whether the buildings I have in mind are worth checking out.

I've seen rentals listed in both the Waverly (110 North Federal Hwy) and 1770 Las Olas Blvd. that look good. Does anyone here have any experience with either of these buildings? (I have read some good things about the Waverly on this board, but haven't seen anything about 1770 Las Olas.)

Also, any suggestions of other buildings along those lines? I'm primarily looking at rentals in condo buildings, but would also consider apartment buildings. It's just been my experience that condo buildings are better maintained. I'm looking for a 1 or 2 bedroom, and my budget is around $1800. Other than budget my biggest requirement is pet friendly. I have two cats, so the building must allow cats. I would also like to get a dog sometime in the next year, so dog friendly would be great but isn't a requirement.

Thanks in advance for any information you can offer.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2013, 03:55 PM

3,912 posts, read 8,480,758 times
Waverly is a great building. A little pricey for most, but coming from NYC it will seem inexpensive for you. I have never heard of 1770 Las Olas. There are some other great buildings in downtown worth checking out. One would be Nu River Landing which is comparable to Waverly. In fact Nu River is slightly nicer in my view. But you're really splitting hairs.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:59 PM

Thanks for the response! I'll look into Nu River as well.

Old 03-30-2013, 12:08 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,226,698 times
I recommend you NuRiver over The Waverly. Amenities are much nicer. Rooftop swimming pool, state of the art Gym, handball court ( the only new condo with that feature in the whole town), better parking and better access, and must of all, the NuRiver is right on the river with nicer views.

Old 03-30-2013, 03:53 PM

264 posts, read 687,712 times
Nu River Landing > Waverly

I lived there for about a year and til this day I feel like I was dreaming. The rooftop view from the pool is breathtaking. You have several other amenities from bball court, to sauna and jacuzzi. The concierge and staff at the building are excellent. Valet does a great job day in and day out. Your front yard is a beautiful red brick path that runs along the river showcasing many multi-million dollar yachts. If you want to get a dog, Nu River has an entire dog park with a walkway path and benches.

Based on your budget you could definitely rent a unit there, and wouldn't regret it. You have other options, but any reputable realtor here would be happy to find something perfect for you.

Old 03-30-2013, 03:57 PM

Here is a look down from stepping out onto the top floor

Old 03-30-2013, 04:06 PM

View from the pool and Hollywood skyline in the background.

Also, as far as downtown:

CAMDEN - has mostly the druggies and partiers, it's that kind of building.

WAVERLY - has a bit more class, it's a mix of all different kinds of people.

NU RIVER - very high class, very courteous and social people.

But with that said, I still wouldn't mind living in any one of these.

You have many more options, but if you'd like info on any of the building, I'll get back to you with some input.

What brings you to Ft. Laud by the way?

Old 03-30-2013, 08:08 PM

Wow, thanks for all of the great info and pics! Those pictures are definitely making me more interested in Nu River.

My concern with Nu River is that, as I understand it, the building is adjacent to the county jail. Does this not make for a rougher neighborhood? I’m accustomed to living in urban areas so I don’t need the gated community feeling, but I do need to feel safe walking in my neighborhood in the evening.

As for the reason for the move – it’s work related.

Old 03-30-2013, 11:10 PM

Not at all, it's extremely safe the fact that there's a jail there has nothing to do with the safety of the surrounding area. At least it's not a concern to any of the local residents and spring breakers etc who are all here at the moment

Old 03-30-2013, 11:14 PM

I can walk outside and there will be people from all corners of the world (ok mostly Europeans or American tourists) shopping, wining and dining, with their families and friends just around the corner. There are many social events and activities just within one mile, walking distance of nu river and the jail. It's as if it weren't even there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area