Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 12:26 PM

55 posts, read 161,980 times

Advertisements

I was just west of Ft Lauderdale airport at a hotel for a few days in BC. Popoulation was near 100% Hatian. I assume they were immigrants from Haiti was they had french accents. We all know that Haiti is a crime infested sh-t hole of a country despite trillions of dollars of aid over the past decades that has done nothing.

I had to go out to Walmart a few times at night. What a nightmare. I have never in my life seen such out of control borderline uncivilized people! Caribbean rap music blasting loud enough to cause an earth quake, jumping out of cars at red lights fighting with other drivers, screaming at me from their cars. Police cars parked at every c-store standing gaurd. The largest signs on the c-stores and grocery stores "WE ACCEPT FOOD STAMPS". Then at Walmart... armed security patrol. The parking lot full of garbage (bottles, fast food wrappers) everywhere, hassled for money 3 times walking from my car, a dozen of them sleeping in the parking lot flower beds. I get inside and while waiting in line at checkout 2 ladies come up to me asking to pay for their groceries.

My goooooooowd why in the name of heaven are these people transplanted into this country? What benefit are they here? Totally useless as far as I'm concerned. The reason Haiti is such a dump is because of the people who live there. Take those people and put them here and what can you expect.

Old 04-04-2013, 06:09 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,317,925 times
Yeah, I stayed at a hotel near Commercial Blvd north of Ft Lauderdale. I saw lots of nicely manicured office parks on Google, so I thought it was OK. I went to a convenience store after I checked in to my room and it was a frightening scene.

Old 04-04-2013, 06:52 PM

264 posts, read 774,265 times
Yep, they are everywhere, even here in downtown and surrounding neighborhoods. Many of them don't have vehicles so there are always many Haitians walking around to get from here to there. Any day I travel over a mile on Broward Blvd., I will nearly run over a Haitian because many of them just cross roadways at any given moment. It is pretty ridiculous (probably the most negative thing I have to say about South Florida) and just something we have to accept and live with.

Old 04-05-2013, 04:49 AM

242 posts, read 499,174 times
wow, i cannot believe what you people are saying! i am from florida and yes, there are many haitians living in broward county but they are mostly hard workers.
and the area you people are talking about are some bad areas.
johntaylorny, you were staying in a bad area and a lot of jamaican people live in those areas, a lot of gangs.
roadtrip75 did you stay at the old run down hotel on federal highway right behind topanga restaurant? going right past commercial blvd heading north on us1(same as federal highway), there are 2 motels on the left. both are like crack motels... cheap and dirty although the buildings on the outside look fairly decent.
cfo.evo yes, the haitians do have cars. they share rides all the time. in all my years of living in florida, i have seldom seen haitians walking all around like you claim. they live a lot to a house and they have one car and they share it and share rides. the haitians are really nice people. they work 2 or even 3 jobs and they save up their money. i at one time had some neighbors that were from haiti when i lived in a house with 2 other roommates. wonderful people. they had a small house and planted all kinds of vegetables. it was a huge garden, no lawn just food. how smart.
it is sad that you people are racist and have used this thread to talk badly about a particular race that you all apparently know nothing about. you have judged these people on their skin color because why else would you talk so badly about such hardworking people. i know because i used to work in the hospitality field and many would work as dishwashers, janitors and when they would leave the one job for the day, they would then go to their other job, maybe cleaning offices, another restaurant, etc.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:05 AM

8,377 posts, read 30,892,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyLady13 View Post
cfo.evo yes, the haitians do have cars. they share rides all the time. in all my years of living in florida, i have seldom seen haitians walking all around like you claim. they live a lot to a house and they have one car and they share it and share rides. the haitians are really nice people. they work 2 or even 3 jobs and they save up their money. i at one time had some neighbors that were from haiti when i lived in a house with 2 other roommates. wonderful people. they had a small house and planted all kinds of vegetables. it was a huge garden, no lawn just food. how smart.
it is sad that you people are racist and have used this thread to talk badly about a particular race that you all apparently know nothing about. you have judged these people on their skin color because why else would you talk so badly about such hardworking people. i know because i used to work in the hospitality field and many would work as dishwashers, janitors and when they would leave the one job for the day, they would then go to their other job, maybe cleaning offices, another restaurant, etc.
Well said. Most Haitians aren't too big into government assistance and honestly are too busy to be wandering around like the OP described. You WILL see scenes at the OP described down in Miami in Little Haiti, where many Haitians of legal or illegal immigration status have JUST arrived. There are sections of Pompano Beach with a similar atmosphere. As a whole, though, the Haitians tend to work extremely long hours in low end service industry or blue collar positions, and while the neighborhoods they reside in can be run down in appearance, they are also dead quiet and relatively decent places. Best example I can think of is this: drive east down 135th Street at night in the Miami-Dade area and watch what happens as you move east of 27th Avenue. Once you transition out of Opa-Locka and into heavily Haitian North Miami, you will go from a neighborhood full of people just "chillin" everywhere to a place where it is quiet during most of the day and night. You will see many taxis parked in the driveways during the day, and in the evening are jogging through the park, walking with their children, and just peacefully living their lives. North Miami isn't the fanciest place and does have pockets of high crime, but as a whole, it's a working class atmosphere.

There are a lot of rowdy Jamaicans in sections of Lauderhill and Lauderdale Lakes, although there is a much larger Jamaican middle class in other sections of Lauderhill and Broward County in general.

Point being, you were staying in a bad area with a lot of people from various parts of the Caribbean. People from various parts of the Caribbean don't all live in bad areas, and I would actually say that most don't. If you want to see the same element but with white people, head down the Federal Highway corridor in Dania and Hollywood and you certainly will. It is just the realities of a big city.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:29 PM

5,020 posts, read 7,444,244 times
In reading other threads written by the OP... he doesn't seem to care much for the human race in general.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:42 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,105,466 times
yeah I would say actually out of all the caribbean ethnic groups I like the haitians the most. they are very humble and hard working people and are in general a very inclusive bunch (unlike jamaicans) they know what it means to be poor and hungry and as a result they don't hesitate to help out there fellow man(or woman) personally I want them to get the same privilege that cubans get which is the moment they touch land they are allowed to stay.

Old 04-05-2013, 01:03 PM
N_A

21 posts, read 58,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johntaylorny View Post
Go look at Haiti itself and show me ONE thing these people have accomplished ever.

The first indepedent Black nation in the Western hemisphere. They kicked the French, British, and Spaniards behinds, and thus paved the way for the end of slavery in the Americas.

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 04-05-2013 at 07:00 PM..

Old 04-05-2013, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntaylorny View Post
I'm not being "racist" I'm stating the facts as to what I observed. I don't know why these type of people are allowed in this country as they provide no benefit whatsoever to the country itself. And as for being in a "bad area" hell it was half of Broward County. Haitians were bred down slaves used for manual labor by the French. I doubt they have very high IQs and I doubt they are very smart (growing vegtables in a garden makes a person smart... give me a break). And I'd guarantee the high school drop out rate and crime rate is through the roof. Go look at Haiti itself and show me ONE thing these people have accomplished ever.
the ONE thing ( more than ONE) that the haitians have accomplished is that they care for others, they are not racist, they have compassion and empathy for everybody, they work hard and will not take anything for granted. these things the haitians have accomplished ,... tough luck for you with your selfish, small-mind you will never ever accomplish one iota of this during your miserable life on this planet.
btw yes, you're definitely a waste of space in this world..... LOSER!!!!

Old 04-05-2013, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
In reading other threads written by the OP... he doesn't seem to care much for the human race in general.
yes, i saw that he commented about mexicans and people on welfare and anybody else from another country.
and what he posted was not nice at all.
this op is one small minded ignorant loser poor excuse of a human being that is wasting precious air/space on MY planet. lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area