Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2013, 02:33 AM

2 posts, read 3,811 times

Advertisements

I had been searching in Coconut Creek/Boca, and some people had suggested Tamarac, because of my limited budget. I don't really know anything about Tamarac and was hoping to hear from members on this site to inform me with there input, personal opinions, and whatever you may be able to contribute knowledge wise about the area. I am of course seeking a safe, well maintained community where people take interest in there fellow neighbors, community activity, and the upkeep of the exterior of their homes.
I am 44 years old, and my spouse is 54, but we act much younger, and enjoy seeing all ages in a neighborhood, not ready for a 55+ community, but like to see young couples with children, and of course when they become teens I hope they send them off to boarding school, lol.
Looking forward to your input, advice, and comments.
PS: I know I asked about a safe area, so please I hope this has not offended anybody, but at this point in my life, I rather seek out a relatively low crime, safe area. I know, I know, that there is crime all over, and its running wild with the current crisis in the economy and those who have, and those who have not, but I still feel that as a free individual, I have the right and choice to seek out a community where I feel that I can have that sense of safety and security.
Thank You All
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2013, 05:03 AM

40 posts, read 82,735 times
I am not that familiar with Tamarac, but during my search I was informed that Tamarac is basically a 55+ community, and most of the people are elderly that reside there, Now, I hope no one gets offended, but am just repeating what I was told, and if you wish to reside in such a community then bless u, because I understand that a lot of those people had children, raised them, and now don't want to deal with other peoples children running around especially when they become teens, nothing against teens. Good Luck

Old 08-22-2013, 09:10 AM

13 posts, read 31,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dojoari View Post
I had been searching in Coconut Creek/Boca, and some people had suggested Tamarac, because of my limited budget. I don't really know anything about Tamarac and was hoping to hear from members on this site to inform me with there input, personal opinions, and whatever you may be able to contribute knowledge wise about the area. I am of course seeking a safe, well maintained community where people take interest in there fellow neighbors, community activity, and the upkeep of the exterior of their homes.
I am 44 years old, and my spouse is 54, but we act much younger, and enjoy seeing all ages in a neighborhood, not ready for a 55+ community, but like to see young couples with children, and of course when they become teens I hope they send them off to boarding school, lol.
PS: I know I asked about a safe area, so please I hope this has not offended anybody, but at this point in my life, I rather seek out a relatively low crime, safe area. I know, I know, that there is crime all over, and its running wild with the current crisis in the economy and those who have, and those who have not, but I still feel that as a free individual, I have the right and choice to seek out a community where I feel that I can have that sense of safety and security.
Thank You All
Tamarac in general is an older community, meaning most of the community is older individuals, however there are nice sections where younger families reside as well, most of them being in the newer built townhouses and villas. Just keep your radar on the western part of the city, as the most eastern part of Tamarac can be questionable. (some sections, not all). I'm in my mid 30's and have a 9 yr old and I would definitely live in Tamarac as it is cost efficient and pretty much on the safer side.

Old 08-22-2013, 06:56 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,896,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheek sheek View Post
Tamarac in general is an older community, meaning most of the community is older individuals, however there are nice sections where younger families reside as well, most of them being in the newer built townhouses and villas. Just keep your radar on the western part of the city, as the most eastern part of Tamarac can be questionable. (some sections, not all). I'm in my mid 30's and have a 9 yr old and I would definitely live in Tamarac as it is cost efficient and pretty much on the safer side.
Mainlands Tamarac has several sections of all ages. My son lived there during college. I loved his small single house and wanted to move there but ended up elsewhere. I want to say he was in Mainlands 10.

Nice community pools, families, right across from the shopping center. They are smallish, they range from 850 to I guess 1400 sq ft. Some with garages some not.

They had a bit of renters in there in 2009 but hopefully it's gotten straightened out now and not as random a group of people.

This site has MLS for Broward and lists all the Mainlands Sections and names, you have to read the MLS to see if the section is 55+ or not:

Tamarac, Florida real estate guide / neighborhood index

I looked at this house, it's gorgeously renovated by the owner. Also the realtor. He renovated it for a family member who ended up not moving in so everything was first class. For sale OR rent. Just for example. This one is in a 55+. It just sold for less than HALF the original asking price just before the market crashed. It was not Mainlands 10 it was the Mainlands next to the shopping center around the corner off Coml.

5716 NW 82nd Ave, Tamarac, FL 33321 - Zillow

Old 08-22-2013, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by regal1 View Post
I am not that familiar with Tamarac, but during my search I was informed that Tamarac is basically a 55+ community, and most of the people are elderly that reside there, Now, I hope no one gets offended, but am just repeating what I was told, and if you wish to reside in such a community then bless u, because I understand that a lot of those people had children, raised them, and now don't want to deal with other peoples children running around especially when they become teens, nothing against teens. Good Luck
My son's entire neighborhood had kids when he rented there in college. Mainlands 10. Last time I was there there were kids and dogs playing in the street and the parents from several of the homes sitting outside on the lawns socializing.

Why would you make the assertions when you admittedly are "not that familiar" with Tamarac. Even IF it is an older demographic, don't make blanket statements.

And the OP is in her 40's and her husband FIFTY FOUR. They're not 20 something. And she DOESN'T EVEN HAVE KIDS.

Old 08-22-2013, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dojoari View Post
Thank You All
Read my other posts and look at Mainlands Tamarac neighborhoods. You get small single homes that are cute and sometimes renovated gorg. Prices are less than half of their former selling price in 2008. You can also RENT, which I strongly recommend before buying in FL.

Often on a little canal. All ages and 55 it depends on the particular community HOA.

The HOA is dirt cheap and you get alot for your money. Something like $50 a month LOL. (can't swear to all of them)..

Last time I was there they also painted all the roofs out of the HOA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area