Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 11:04 PM

13 posts, read 35,264 times

Advertisements

Hey guys,

I'm looking to move to the area and was hoping you could help me with my rental options. I'm a single guy, looking to rent a small studio apartment as near central Ft. Lauderdale and the ocean as possible. I'd be willing to move north or south of Ft. Lauderdale if necessary to be able to find a place near the water. I don't have a ton of money to spend. What would I be able to find for about $1000 / month?

Thanks so much for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2013, 07:54 AM

5,020 posts, read 7,448,079 times
For that budget, you'll need to come down and drive around the area you're interested in and look for "For Rent" signs.
Don't use craigslist, as they're all pretty much scams.

Old 07-25-2013, 03:39 PM

652 posts, read 1,652,875 times
Look around Pompano Beach, it's just north of Ft. Lauderdale. You can find a studio, furnished for about $800 to $850. Within 3 short blocks to the beach, some are right across from the beach, if you luck out you might find a small one bedroom apt for that price too. Also look in Lauderdale by The Sea, some places near A1A around Commercial Blvd are cheap too. These are not modern apartments, and usually in one or two level buildings or 4 plexes. But look around, and yeah drive around and look at For Rent signs, that's how I found my place. And every area I've see between the intercoastal waterway and the beach is nice and safe to walk around even at night.

Craigslist isn't as much scams as it is usually worthless places where you don't want to live.

Old 07-26-2013, 03:38 AM

13 posts, read 35,264 times
Thanks for the information. I know its a pretty tight budget for the area, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Besides waiting until I make a trip down there to scout things out, do you have any links to potential buildings?

Old 07-26-2013, 07:47 AM

5,020 posts, read 7,448,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefan17 View Post
Thanks for the information. I know its a pretty tight budget for the area, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Besides waiting until I make a trip down there to scout things out, do you have any links to potential buildings?
Most of the smaller/older units are privately owned.. so they don't have websites.
That's why we were saying you'll really need to drive around the areas you're interested in and find the For Rent signs.

Old 07-26-2013, 06:12 PM

164 posts, read 374,331 times
You'll be able to find something on the beach in that price range. There are a few Cooper Properties buildings on Fort Lauderdale beach that are within walking distance from the ocean. The drawback is that their buildings are old, and your neighbors may not be the most desirable. Also look at rentals in Lauderdale by the Sea.

Old 07-26-2013, 06:57 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,892,301 times
Yeah I remember seeing a building of studios around 3 stories tall...ON the beach somewhere between FTL and Pompano but I don't remember the name. The building was yellow LOL.

Here's one Lauderdale by the Sea but it's not the one I was thinking of. The one I saw was actually pretty upgraded more.

4228 N Ocean Dr 6, Lauderdale By The Sea, FL 33308 - Home for Rent - realtor.com®

Another:

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...14-76935?row=8

My search has a few:

http://www.realtor.com/homesforrent/.../price-na-1000

Old 07-26-2013, 09:04 PM

242 posts, read 499,321 times
DO NOT RENT FROM COOPER PROPERTIES! they have a lot of apartments around behind vitoria park area. they are the slum landlords or them all. behind oakland park blvd and a1a there are some cute apartments. just stay clear of the motel they call the hurricane motel on a1a, it's crack/***** haven and you will get robbed/stabbed.
lauderdale by the sea is cute, just watch out cuz since they are privately owned duplexes, they don't do a good credit check and your next neighbor could be a crack head or an unemployed bum.
check around bayview drive between commercial blvd and sunrise blvd. there are some cute palces, although not on the beach, you can bike across the intracoastal bridge and be at the beach in 5 minutes.
i am a floridian from fort lauderdale but i moved up north for college. was planning on moving to los angeles after college but i got my dream job with the government right our of college in maryland so i am sticking around for awhile.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:34 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,892,301 times
You'll have no problem with a budget of 1000 for a small rental. It's just an issue of location, as always. But even complexes not on the beach have that rate.

I always recommend Port Royale in FLL on Federal Hwy for a relocation, last time I was there it was nice. Not deluxe but a nice normal well landscaped complex on the Intracoastal. You'll get in just at your budget if you wanted . A lil small - 500 - 600 sq ft.

CLOSE to the beach about 3 miles so you need a car or bike (because it rains all the time in FL anyway). Plenty of shopping and normal people in the area. NOT directly in the heart of downtown a bit north by Coral Ridge/Imperial Point. I was going to work across the street and live there but I ended up taking a different location for work.

Port Royale Apartments

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=port+...ed=0CAoQ_AUoAg

Old 12-13-2015, 10:40 AM

2 posts, read 1,922 times
Default :-)

Hey! :-)

Check out Sabbia Beach Condos. We have our vacation house in Sabbia Beach.
The resort is placed in Pompano Beach, 30km from Miami. They are giving oceanfront condos for rental :-) I think you'll like it.

I hope I've helped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area