Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2013, 01:06 PM

30 posts, read 93,501 times

Advertisements

My husband I just moved to Ft. Lauderdale about a month ago. Since we are new to the area, I would like to take my son and get involved in some mommy-and-me type programs. My son is 17 months old, so maybe like Stroller Strides or a Gymboree class (which I don't believe exists in the Ft. Lauderdale area) or something like that would be great!

Thanks for the advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 11:22 AM

222 posts, read 382,491 times
Amanda's Place in Pompano Beach is AMAZING - we made so many good friends through our classes there - and because it's through the school board it's very affordable.

Amanda's Place

I never attended the following classes, but have several friends that did and spoke very highly of them

Classes by Age » Move and Groove Baby | Move and Groove Baby

Finally, I know there are classes at Nova in Davie that are supposed to be great

Parenting Place | Mailman Segal Center

Old 08-26-2013, 11:31 AM

142 posts, read 439,485 times
Are you looking IN Ft. Lauderdale or surrounding areas? Just asking because I personally love mom and tot activities too, but I don't want to drive more than 20 minutes for it.

One thing we've done with multiple locations is "Soccer tots".

We are in Weston and found the gymnastics places have a mom and tot class.

If you're close to a "Little Gym", we used to do that in our old town and it was lots of fun.

Also look into "music together".

Those are the ones I can think of that I've done or are currently doing with my little ones!

Old 08-27-2013, 04:41 AM

15 posts, read 65,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookingHome View Post
Are you looking IN Ft. Lauderdale or surrounding areas? Just asking because I personally love mom and tot activities too, but I don't want to drive more than 20 minutes for it.

One thing we've done with multiple locations is "Soccer tots".

We are in Weston and found the gymnastics places have a mom and tot class.

If you're close to a "Little Gym", we used to do that in our old town and it was lots of fun.

Also look into "music together".

Those are the ones I can think of that I've done or are currently doing with my little ones!
We are moving from Germany to Weston, my daughter is 5. She is diagnosed with selective mutism in Germany. Do you happen to know if the public schools there in Weston are 'open' to this kind of disorder?

Old 08-30-2013, 01:23 PM

355 posts, read 1,583,006 times
Check out Cooper City's Tot time classes. Miss Grace is fantastic. http://www.coopercityfl.org/vertical...13_-_14(1).pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area