Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 09:31 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,826,120 times

Advertisements

Whenever I go to Sarasota, it takes at least 20 minutes just to get from downtown Sarasota to I-75 on Fruitville Rd.

It looks about the same on Stickney Point Rd/Clark Rd.

But Siesta and Lido Key beaches are nicer than Naples.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2013, 07:39 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,101,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
Whenever I go to Sarasota, it takes at least 20 minutes just to get from downtown Sarasota to I-75 on Fruitville Rd.

It looks about the same on Stickney Point Rd/Clark Rd.

But Siesta and Lido Key beaches are nicer than Naples.
Nope, it is five minutes and Stickney turns into Clark Road right over the Tamiami intersection.

Old 09-09-2013, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Nope, it is five minutes and Stickney turns into Clark Road right over the Tamiami intersection.
OK then, that's what kills 30+ minutes for me (Fruitville Rd) when I drive to St Armands or Long Boat Key from Weston.

I should be going to Siesta more often instead.

Old 09-10-2013, 09:03 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,101,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
OK then, that's what kills 30+ minutes for me (Fruitville Rd) when I drive to St Armands or Long Boat Key from Weston.

I should be going to Siesta more often instead.
My husband worked on St. Armands all last year and it was a forty minute drive for him to work every day. Longboat Key is a longer drive.

Siesta is much, much closer. Plus, unlike Longboat and Lido, once you are over the bridge, you are on the beach. Head to Crescent Beach not Siesta Public.

Old 12-27-2013, 09:43 AM

15 posts, read 40,144 times
Originally Posted by Sydney07 View Post
Quote:
I want to take a day trip to the west side of Florida...I have a condo in Hallandale Beach...what would be a good day trip...prob about 2-2.5 hours drive? Is there anything to see in Naples? How are the beaches?
I am also interested in hearing suggestions of what to do on a day trip from Southeast FL to the west side of Florida. Besides 'go to the beach' can posters be more descriptive of nice things to do. What do you do in the Everglades? Can you walk in the woods alone or is it too dangerous? Must you take an Everglades boat tour?

Are there places in SW FL to kayak? What do you like in particular about specific beaches and beach towns? I like hiking, are there any interesting parks? Nice towns to walk around in?

I am not interested in a discussion about traffic and differing opinions of how long to get somewhere; more interested in what to do when you get there.

What is so great about Siesta Key? Sanibel? Captiva?

I liked the post by limehousemiller; it sounded like a very specific fun day:
Quote:
... go to Everglades, Florida, eat at the Oyster House (901 Copeland Ave, Everglades, FL 34139) climb the tower, and then take a boat ride. All things will be apparent once you arrive.
Good, thanks:
Quote:
Tiger Tail Beach on Marco has some terrific tidal pools.
Quote:
The drive to Siesta Key would really be worth the day trip. You can spend the day on the beach then hang out in the Village and have dinner and listen to live music at night. It is one of the nicest beaches on the planet.
Quote:
Head to Crescent Beach not Siesta Public.
Quote:
Naples is a lovely town with cute shops, great restaurants and a fantastic beach
Anything more specific would be appreciated.

Old 12-27-2013, 12:17 PM

Siesta Key has the most amazing, super white, super fine beach sand.

Sanibel is #1 destination for picking sea shells at the beach. The beach is full of amazing shells.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area