Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 12:44 PM

126 posts, read 195,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
Nice. Where did you decide to move to?
Thanks! We are coming to visit to meet with a realtor to look at rentals an check out areas closest to my husbands new location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2013, 02:55 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,827,848 times
Don't forget to swing by Weston

Old 12-24-2013, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
Don't forget to swing by Weston
How far is weston from pompano? I forget. Thanks!
Any townhome or condo communities in that area for rent that is recommended??

Old 12-24-2013, 09:56 AM

30 min without traffic

My #1 rental recommendation would be the Courtyards at the Grove.

After that - San Simeon, San Messina, San Remo, San Mateo, San Sebastian. They are all good.

Attached Thumbnails
Moving to Fort Lauderdale area ~ please fellow Floridians answer our questions!-img_00001265-001.jpg  

Old 12-24-2013, 04:56 PM

2,033 posts, read 3,207,841 times
Was wondering what was happening with you! Hope you like the realtor that you are working with. Good idea to stick close to where he will be working. At least in the beginning to start. As you get to know area in the 1st year then you will be able to choose where is best for you to live. We are presently looking at Wellington & while illness has slowed us down from being able to actually go down and look we have a good idea of where will go. Hopefully, but times can change.

Best of luck & keep in touch. Hope you find a good place to rent for the 1st year at least. You are making a wise choice to live close to where husband is going to be working until you get the lay of the land. Weston is very nice, but not for everyone. Can be a long drive from there to Pompano for work especially in the heat & humidity which takes a while to get used to! We never did. Make sure you have good a/c in car!

Old 12-25-2013, 08:18 AM

3,910 posts, read 9,470,837 times
Weston is a nice, quiet suburb and great family area. But is a bit of a hike from Pompano. You will have to commute in morning/afternoon rush hour traffic if you work typical hours. There is no direct route from Pompano to Weston, so while they are maybe 20 miles apart, you'll have to drive 40 miles each direction due to the setup of the roads. If you're in eastern Pompano, you'll have to take 95 south to 595 west to get home and that route is an absolute bear with traffic and construction. The Turnpike is only convenient if you're in western Pompano and only goes north-south, so you'll still wind up on 595. The local east-west roads move at a snail's pace and have stoplights every couple of blocks for 20 miles. I would not want to put up with that commute.

Personally, I'd choose Boca Raton over Weston because Boca is just as nice, has better shopping, more entertainment, and is a much easier commute to/from Pompano Beach. Weston really lacks shopping and entertainment. There is almost nothing to do in Weston.

Old 12-25-2013, 11:00 AM

There is plenty to do around Weston We let the neighboring towns deal with the headaches of shopping malls and parking

I commute from Weston to Pompano. It's not 40 miles. 25 miles. Once I-595 construction is done in a few months, it should be pretty good. Also Broward Blvd flows East-West quite nicely.

Old 01-05-2014, 04:16 PM

Were in Florida! First day here and we are researching. We've seen some town home developments in boynton beach. We were not pleased. Then we saw one rental in delray. That was bad.

We just drove around Coral Springs. There was this really nice area with all gated communities. West of Willes road I believe. That looked promising.

Okay.. Tomorrow on to more researching!

Old 01-05-2014, 06:47 PM

17,307 posts, read 22,039,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious1018 View Post
Thank you so much for your helpful information.
That makes sense that the area port at lucie would be so much cheaper.

I thought boca was really pricey, no?
Is it family oriented?

I going to check out the development you mentioned in Cooper city.
Boca has mansions and trailer parks and plenty in between!......If you go with west Boca the prices are more reasonable and the houses are newer than east.

Old 01-05-2014, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious1018 View Post
Were in Florida! First day here and we are researching. We've seen some town home developments in boynton beach. We were not pleased. Then we saw one rental in delray. That was bad.

We just drove around Coral Springs. There was this really nice area with all gated communities. West of Willes road I believe. That looked promising.

Okay.. Tomorrow on to more researching!
don't forget to check out Weston
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area