U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2013, 09:48 AM

16,857 posts, read 21,910,178 times

Advertisements

Though we live in another state, I figured that the Ft. Lauderdale area might have some very busy, very experienced travel agents. Looking for one who is smart, creative, not selling the luxury cruise lines and find budget prices (pretty much in that order).

Recommendations please, either here or by DM. Thanks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2013, 11:54 AM

11,330 posts, read 10,098,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Though we live in another state, I figured that the Ft. Lauderdale area might have some very busy, very experienced travel agents. Looking for one who is smart, creative, not selling the luxury cruise lines and find budget prices (pretty much in that order).

Recommendations please, either here or by DM. Thanks.
Travel agents are a dying breed. Most travel agents that specialize are high end instead of budget. Agencies specialize in budget travel. One who fits your requirements is much better off serving a higher end client.

I used to deal with them a lot when I worked in NYC.

Old 12-12-2013, 12:56 PM

4,311 posts, read 6,555,587 times
Google is a good travel agent

Old 12-19-2013, 10:45 AM

1,221 posts, read 437,425 times
I have someone, I will send you a message. People still use an agent for cruises, they organize large groups, get you side trips, and extras that going direct can offer.

Old 12-26-2013, 12:42 PM

137 posts, read 381,353 times
Actually Fort Lauderdale isn't the end all for cruise travel agents. There are tons. However, while I cruise a lot, I only use travel agents when I'm booking close to the cruise date. Once you use a travel agent you must call them if you notice a price drop, or want to change anything.

The best ones to use is ones that give you perks on board. Those are the big box internet companies. Some are located in Florida and some not. I don't know if we can recommend agents here. cruises-n-more is one I use. They always give on board credit based on the value of your cruise. Ifs it a long one and expensive, they'll also throw in specialty restaurants and/or spa services. Check around.

Old 12-26-2013, 03:45 PM

22,342 posts, read 21,181,819 times
People still use travel agents????

Seriously, don't use a travel agent.

Priceline.com - The Best Deals on Hotels, Flights and Rental Cars.
Discount Cruises, Last Minute Cruises, Cruise, Cruise Line, Cruise Vacation

Between these two you can usually find great deals.

I've been on almost 20 cruises from just about every cruiseline, most of them starting from Fort Lauderdale, so if you find a cruise you think looks good let me know and I will give you my two cents because most likely I've been on that ship or its sister ship. I'm going on another cruise in Jan with the new Princess ship "Royal".

Old 12-27-2013, 01:07 AM

117 posts, read 261,271 times
Born to Travel

Her name is Mary Ann and she is great. My family has been using her for years, even booked a recent family wedding cruise with her and she got the Bride/Groom an upgraded suite, bottle of wine in all the rooms and personally funded a 2 hour open bar cocktail party for the guests that booked through her (approx 70) during the cruise. "She's good people"

Also, if rates drop as the cruise gets closer then she will get you the difference from what you paid. She's also always looking for discounts that you qualify for

Old 12-27-2013, 07:32 AM

1,221 posts, read 437,425 times
There is an agent I use for cruises. They have two offices and one in Ft Laud. If you're interested, send me a PM and I will give you the email addy. It is all about those on ship extras, and excurisions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area