U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2014, 12:37 PM

14 posts, read 84,166 times

Advertisements

I apologize if my question is repetitive, but I am not having much luck with relocation area reccomendations. I am a single, professional female looking for rental in mid/upper class area close to beach or parks. I have no kids, but I do own a 50lb Golden. Not into the "scene" but would like to be close to restaurants/nightlife. Some reccomended areas include Davie, Pembrook Pines, Plantation, Cooper City, Weston, Aventura, Sunny Isles, Las olas....Can anyone help me narrow it down?

Primary preferences: residents around my age and professional, nice area (walking paths, park), commute to Hollywood under 30 minutes) safe, mid/upper class.

Thanks! Can also contact me direct at Michact@aol.com
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2014, 12:57 PM

2,807 posts, read 3,021,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlpsych View Post
I apologize if my question is repetitive, but I am not having much luck with relocation area reccomendations. I am a single, professional female looking for rental in mid/upper class area close to beach or parks. I have no kids, but I do own a 50lb Golden. Not into the "scene" but would like to be close to restaurants/nightlife. Some reccomended areas include Davie, Pembrook Pines, Plantation, Cooper City, Weston, Aventura, Sunny Isles, Las olas....Can anyone help me narrow it down?

Primary preferences: residents around my age and professional, nice area (walking paths, park), commute to Hollywood under 30 minutes) safe, mid/upper class.

Mid to upper class area close to beach, parks, restaurants, nightlife would be either Las Olas, Aventura or Sunny Isles. If you speak Spanish then Aventura would be great but even if you don't, you could get by there, otherwise I would opt for Las Olas area and then possibly Sunny Isles.

Old 01-01-2014, 01:04 PM

438 posts, read 616,130 times
More details please? What kind of 'scene' are you referring to? Are you saying that you're more the laid back, conservative type? are you single and looking to date? What kind of budget are you playing with in terms of housing, etc.? What location will you be employed in?

Old 01-01-2014, 01:54 PM

4,342 posts, read 7,261,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlpsych View Post

Sunny Isles has the beach, a great beach too, and some small parks... Actually there is a dog park right next door to Sunny Isles, on Haulover beach, so that would be a plus for your Golden.

And a very short drive away Sunny Isles is the Oleta River State Park

Oleta River Park

Sunny Isles is very walkable and is definitely upper class.

Weston, parts of Davie, Cooper City, parts of Plantation are very nice (I am Weston-biased myself and would recommend it any time over the other choices), and they all have great parks. But if you really want to be near the beach - they may not be the best match. They aren't near the beach. It is 25+ minutes to drive to the nearest beach from Weston.

Old 01-02-2014, 08:58 AM

14 posts, read 84,166 times
Thanks so much for the help!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area