U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 01:03 PM

191 posts, read 295,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by from nv View Post
My hubby may be getting employed with Spirit so we would want/need to be somewhat close to the airport. Spirit's address is on Executive Way. We would be moving from out of state and can only reference so much on google maps. We are in our early 50's, empty nesters. Hoping to find a safe area especially if I have to be by myself overnight.
Ralanprod - you said the cheaper area on Flamingo is not that great. Can you say why?

Thanks.
I live right by Executive Way actually... The problem with the area along Miramar Parkway from Flamingo to say Douglas rd isn't the area itself per se - but it's proximity to Miami Gardens via Palm Av. or Douglas Rd. I'll leave it to you to do your own research on Miami Gardens and its issues.

West of Flamingo is actually not too bad. The traffic can be a pain, but really that's only during rush hour. Most of the time it's not that bad. It is a bit of a hike from the airport though.

If you want a good area that would be a quick commute, you can probably find something in Pembroke Pines (west side of the city). There are a ton of rentals available. Cooper City is nice as well, but there are fewer rentals. There's also Weston, which is a bit more of a commute - but it is a very safe area. Weston would actually be convenient to the airport along 595 if the DOT would ever get done with their perpetual improvement projects.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2014, 12:20 AM

4,342 posts, read 7,300,915 times
So is it the FLL airport that we are talking about?

Weston or Davie or Plantation. The I-595 express lane construction seems to be wrapping up on time (2014) and it looks to be shaping up to a nice improvement.

From Weston, FLL is a straight shot on I-595 to FLL - 20 min without traffic. A no-brainer for me.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area