Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-16-2014, 08:53 AM
 
16,979 posts, read 21,625,959 times
Reputation: 29053

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffon652 View Post
He didn't ask about Pompano either but you answered that. And you still failed to address any valid points I made because you can't. Having a Million dollar neighborhood in one part of that city does not make the overall city a good city to live in. A point you keep ignoring, just like you keep ignoring/not addressing the points regarding the standards of how experts measure a cities overall quality. Even with actual links provided you try to dispute that you’re completely wrong.

See the fact is no matter how much you cry foul, Pompano will NEVER be considered a good city by anyone. If you had stopped at "Pompano is a bad city with a few good areas" you would have been correct. But the fact that you fail to understand that simple a concept of real estate speaks volumes about the accuracy of any anything you say. Hence, I was telling you to stop giving people advice.

But I guess maybe you’re that special that you understand how to provide a correct analysis in regards to a quality of a city better then the experts. Funny thing is experts rarely come to a common conclusion on how to rate anything and its usually subjective. However, this is one area where most agree on how a city should be measured. Even with all that I guess you, a random poster on city data knows more then all of them combined. Congrats to you, now you should be able to reveal your newfound extraordinary method of rating cities to the world and become rich from your discovery........good luck with that.
Most cities in Florida are just like Pompano. Ft Lauderdale, Deerfield Beach, Lighthouse Point all have beautiful million dollar homes on the water and then it nose dives west of US1, then really drops around Dixie Highway. But would those be "never considered a good city too?"

I have never lived in Pompano but certainly would consider anything east of US1 particularly if it was waterfront. You got called out on your blanket statement.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-16-2014, 04:31 PM
 
1,488 posts, read 1,949,471 times
Reputation: 3244
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post

certainly would consider anything east of US1 particularly if it was waterfront. You got called out on your blanket statement.....
See that part about east of US1 makes sense because now your referring to a PART of pompano instead of calling pompano beach a great place to live. I didn't make a blanket statement. The way I rated pompano is the correct way. I'm still waiting for you to refute that.

In regards to the other cities you mentioned, only Lighthouse Point would be considered an overall very good city. The rest are average or bad. FYI lighthouse point doesn't have any areas west of US1 nor does it have any "bad areas" as you stated.

The only overall very good cities in Broward would be: Parkland, Weston and Lighthouse Point. The rest are on a scale from "good (Cooper City, Coconut Creek, Wilton manors etc.) to very poor (Pompano, Lauderdale lakes etc.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2014, 12:03 PM
 
Location: Tucson, AZ
65 posts, read 155,873 times
Reputation: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffon652 View Post
See that part about east of US1 makes sense because now your referring to a PART of pompano instead of calling pompano beach a great place to live. I didn't make a blanket statement. The way I rated pompano is the correct way. I'm still waiting for you to refute that.

In regards to the other cities you mentioned, only Lighthouse Point would be considered an overall very good city. The rest are average or bad. FYI lighthouse point doesn't have any areas west of US1 nor does it have any "bad areas" as you stated.

The only overall very good cities in Broward would be: Parkland, Weston and Lighthouse Point. The rest are on a scale from "good (Cooper City, Coconut Creek, Wilton manors etc.) to very poor (Pompano, Lauderdale lakes etc.)

I lived in Broward for 12 years. You are pretty correct in your statement. Some cities in Broward are huge in area so it's hard to some them up. I would also call Coral Springs and Plantation "good", very small bad areas. Davie, Pembroke Pines and Sunrise maybe average. Hallandale Beach, Hollywood maybe slightly below average.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2014, 12:05 PM
 
Location: Tucson, AZ
65 posts, read 155,873 times
Reputation: 98
If you want to move to Lauderhill, buy a gun, bulletproof vest and insure ALL your property against theft.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2014, 01:58 PM
 
1,488 posts, read 1,949,471 times
Reputation: 3244
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNG12977 View Post
I would also call Coral Springs and Plantation "good", very small bad areas. Davie, Pembroke Pines and Sunrise maybe average. Hallandale Beach, Hollywood maybe slightly below average.
Your absolutely correct. That's a very accurate assessment of the above cities. I didn't want to list out every single city in Broward so I was just giving examples of good and bad cities in my above post to the guy who apparently has more knowledge on this subject then the whole of our nations experts....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2014, 11:24 PM
 
164 posts, read 371,317 times
Reputation: 80
Back to the original topic at hand...if my memory serves me correctly, Wimbledon is in the area of NW 56th Avenue and NW 19th Street. Outside of the Lauderhill pocket located off of NW 31st Avenue and Broward Boulevard, this is as bad as it gets. Stay clear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2014, 08:27 PM
 
46 posts, read 68,184 times
Reputation: 45
I'm so tired of this elitism bull**** on this forum when it comes to neighborhoods. Basically on this forum, if the neighborhood doesn't have tons of people driving around in BMWs, homes with waterfront properties, or apartments that go for $1500 a month then its automatically a bad place.

There is only one place in Lauderhill considered "bad" and thats the part just south of Oakland Park blvd where NW 56th AVE runs through, and even then that part has come a long way. I am not sure if the place you are looking at is in this area but if it is don't fret. There aren't any prostitutes on the corners or any drive-bys there, its just a rougher crowd, and thats it.

The Inverarry community, the neighborhood bordering Florida Medical center, the sector bordering North Lauderdale/Tamarac, and the community in the Paul Turner/Castle Hill Elementary places are all great and peacful places to live. I go jogging sometimes with my friend through Lauderhill near Paul Turner and Castle Hill elementary and no one has harassed us or anything. My uncle lives in a condo in Inverrary and has been in that neighborhood for more than 10 years. Never been mugged, car has never been broken into, and his place has never been burglarized. And for what its worth to the elitists on this board, he drives a fully loaded Infinity. :eyeroll:


Sure, Lauderhill doesn't have the million dollar homes, the fancy boutiques, the overpriced coffee shops or the luxurious car dealerships, but to say its a bad place to live?

And somewhat off topic, lets be honest. The only reason the neighborhoods East of I95 (downtown, flager neighborhood, all the beach apartments, etc) are so nice is because they are closer to the beach which rent/mortage become more expensive, which indirectly weeds out the less income families to move west. Lower-to-middle class families get stuck with the bad people while living in the same community in the west and the people back East throw shade at them.

Last edited by taii1234; 03-30-2014 at 08:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2014, 10:44 PM
 
1,488 posts, read 1,949,471 times
Reputation: 3244
Quote:
Originally Posted by taii1234 View Post
I'm so tired of this elitism bull**** on this forum when it comes to neighborhoods. Basically on this forum, if the neighborhood doesn't have tons of people driving around in BMWs, homes with waterfront properties, or apartments that go for $1500 a month then its automatically a bad place.

There is only one place in Lauderhill considered "bad" and thats the part just south of Oakland Park blvd where NW 56th AVE runs through, and even then that part has come a long way. I am not sure if the place you are looking at is in this area but if it is don't fret. There aren't any prostitutes on the corners or any drive-bys there, its just a rougher crowd, and thats it.

The Inverarry community, the neighborhood bordering Florida Medical center, the sector bordering North Lauderdale/Tamarac, and the community in the Paul Turner/Castle Hill Elementary places are all great and peacful places to live. I go jogging sometimes with my friend through Lauderhill near Paul Turner and Castle Hill elementary and no one has harassed us or anything. My uncle lives in a condo in Inverrary and has been in that neighborhood for more than 10 years. Never been mugged, car has never been broken into, and his place has never been burglarized. And for what its worth to the elitists on this board, he drives a fully loaded Infinity. :eyeroll:


Sure, Lauderhill doesn't have the million dollar homes, the fancy boutiques, the overpriced coffee shops or the luxurious car dealerships, but to say its a bad place to live?

And somewhat off topic, lets be honest. The only reason the neighborhoods East of I95 (downtown, flager neighborhood, all the beach apartments, etc) are so nice is because they are closer to the beach which rent/mortage become more expensive, which indirectly weeds out the less income families to move west. Lower-to-middle class families get stuck with the bad people while living in the same community in the west and the people back East throw shade at them.
Guess you literally didn't read anything I actually typed before going into your rant? Let me put it this way: YOUR opinion doesn't matter neither does MINE. The only thing that matters is how people who this for a living rate a city. And as I said, this is one of those subjects where experts have come to a consensus on methodology for rating cities. What I wrote was their expert analysis of a city. So you can kick and scream all you want, overall Lauderhill will continue to be a dump of a place to live no matter what you say (of course it has a few good areas).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2014, 10:18 AM
 
157 posts, read 330,479 times
Reputation: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by taii1234 View Post

There is only one place in Lauderhill considered "bad" ...
Yeah...it's called "Lauderhill"...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2014, 05:51 PM
 
35 posts, read 63,608 times
Reputation: 51
Advise from a 27 yr Police Officer. STAY FAR AWAY. Actually, Avoid S Florida
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top