Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 10:09 AM

70 posts, read 243,615 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

I'm due next summer to have my baby and I would love to deliver up north because i feel that they are more competent(sorry didn't mean to offend anyone), but I don't think I have a choice, my insurance is issued for the state of Florida. Does anyone know of any great hospitals down here? I live in Fort Lauderdale,fl. Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2007, 10:39 AM

6,993 posts, read 17,365,632 times
I heard Broward General, believe or not, is one of the best here. For heart problems and stuff like that for babies. Best bet is to go round visiting hospitals to see which one you feel most comfortable with.

Old 12-11-2007, 02:44 PM

Thanks Wild Style......does anyone else have any other opinions on good hospitals

Old 12-11-2007, 02:47 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nohope View Post
Thanks Wild Style......does anyone else have any other opinions on good hospitals
Theres no such thing as a good hospital in Broward County, they are all terrible just like everything else (note to negative reppers, it's just more sarcasm and you aren't supposed to negative rep because you disagree).

Actually, I second the Broward General idea. If you live in Fort Lauderdale it's close by and they are supposed to have a very good maternity ward. Heard good things about Cleveland Clinic in Weston as well. Most of the hospitals in the area are actually pretty good.

Old 12-12-2007, 03:31 PM

9 posts, read 43,392 times
I had 3 of my kids down here - one at Aventura Medical Center (they don't deliver babies anymore from what I understand which is too bad because it was fantastic), one at Hollywood Memorial Regional Med. Ctr (avoid like the plague - so overcrowded and horrible) and one at Coral Springs Medical Center (which was fine). I recently had surgery at the Cleveland Clinic in Weston and I wish I wanted another baby so I could have it there! It's such a great facility and the nurses/staff were just top notch.

My OB has privileges at Holy Cross (in Ft. Lauderdale) and other patients of his that I've met all seemed to like that hospital too. Good luck!!

Old 12-12-2007, 07:09 PM

2,976 posts, read 13,374,223 times
This may be dated info, but Plantation use to have a good reputation.

Old 12-13-2007, 11:34 AM

i only have two choices either NW medical center or Coral Springs Medical Center.....according to my ob...........i'm leaning towards CSMC.......thanks everyone helping me out

Old 12-13-2007, 01:25 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nohope View Post
i only have two choices either NW medical center or Coral Springs Medical Center.....according to my ob...........i'm leaning towards CSMC.......thanks everyone helping me out
Definitely go for Coral Springs. I have NOT heard good things about NW.

Old 12-14-2007, 08:17 AM

41 posts, read 257,566 times
What ever happened to delivering at Memorial West and not to mention the brand new state of the art Memorial Miramar, my sis- in law is delivering there this Jan and delivered at both with her las two, they are very good hospitals.

Old 12-15-2007, 01:51 PM

1,510 posts, read 5,067,466 times
Memorial West (or is it Miramar West??) is where my little bro was born last month. My dads wife picked that hospital cause according to her its one of the best. It really is very nice inside, looks like youre going inside a hotel not a hospital.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area