Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2014, 05:32 AM

4 posts, read 10,319 times

Advertisements

Hi

I would be migrating to US in near future from Karachi, Pakistan. I have got a job offer from Company based in Miramar, FL.

We are family of 5 (myself, wife, 2 kids and 65 years old Mother). Want to know which area would be good in following terms

A) Desi Population : (Indo/Pak)
B) Masjid
C) Community activities
D) Schools for Kids (My elder Daughter is 5 years old)

I can drive for 40-50 mins if good community is bit far from my place of work.

Look forward for guidence

Regards
Ali
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2014, 12:38 PM

2,976 posts, read 13,371,721 times
I hope someone in the desi community sees your post. In the meantime see if this is somewhat helpful:

You will find desi people in miramar, weston, Cooper city , coral Springs, Boca Raton, and Plantation. Of course there are other areas to consider.

Desi Times Florida – Indian Community News | Indian American Community, Community news, Desi Times Florida

Florida Indian Classifieds Free Ads,Florida Classifieds News Chat Friends Rentals jokes sale

Old 06-02-2014, 05:01 AM

Thank JHL.. what about Elimnetry school in that area

Old 06-06-2014, 06:38 AM

38 posts, read 61,164 times
Not sure about schools, but I know there are a few stores that specialize in your cuisine. One near Stirling road , west of SR441. Another near University Drive and Sheridan Street. I would imagine if they put the stores in these areas, the ppl who frequent them must live nearby. Those areas are called Hollywood I think, but Hollywood is a large area. Best to google the map. Cooper City and Weston, as someone else mentioned, both have A rated elementary schools.

Old 06-16-2014, 11:55 PM

164 posts, read 374,250 times
The Desi population is very small in South Florida. However, you will see lots of Caribbean people (Trinidad, Jamaica, etc.) of Indian descent.

Old 06-17-2014, 12:36 PM

1,488 posts, read 1,965,780 times
A. There is no area where there is a definite concentration of the ethnicities your looking for. However, even though they are not concentrated there are a lot of them here. So you will definitely meet a lot of people from those countries.

B. Honestly there are A LOT of choices for quality masjids. Move to an area you like first then look for a masjid. You wont have any trouble with this one.

C. The desi community is fairly active in S. FL so you shouldn't have any problems in this area either.

D. Parkland, Coconut Creek, Coral Springs, Weston, Cooper City all have great elementary schools for kids. Best of the best are probably Parkland and Weston.

On a side note regarding stores, there are plenty of those in this area too.

Good luck on your search! And if you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Old 06-20-2014, 07:36 PM

28 posts, read 165,966 times
You could look into Pembroke Pines which is fairly close to Miramar. West Pembroke Pines has a mosque and so does near by Cooper City. In all Honesty, South Asian population is very spread out in South Florida so they are all over the place. Most of the South Asians are in the Northern Part of the county. In my Opinion, your best areas would be Davie, Pembroke Pines, Miramar and Weston. All of them have decent schools, nearby grocery stores and Mosques. Good Luck.

Old 06-21-2014, 04:45 AM

Hi Guys..

Thank you for your guidence. I will be in area around 28th August to start search. will have 1 month time from company to search for house.

Any idea How much Rent I should be paying for 2 Bed Room (ideally with den) in Pembroke Pine Area with decent neighborhood. My family would be myself, Wife, Mother 65+ and 2 kids 1 year and 5 years.

I will prefer to live in Apartment/Condo as I find Townhouse communities too quite. Also pls guide same for Weston, Davie and Miramar

Regards
Ali

Old 06-21-2014, 01:13 PM

1,488 posts, read 1,965,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karawadia View Post
Hi Guys..

Thank you for your guidence. I will be in area around 28th August to start search. will have 1 month time from company to search for house.

Any idea How much Rent I should be paying for 2 Bed Room (ideally with den) in Pembroke Pine Area with decent neighborhood. My family would be myself, Wife, Mother 65+ and 2 kids 1 year and 5 years.

I will prefer to live in Apartment/Condo as I find Townhouse communities too quite. Also pls guide same for Weston, Davie and Miramar

Regards
Ali
Go on hotpads.com

Its probably the best site to do research in terms of rental prices in a particular area. You can customize down to amenities. You can even look at a particular block in a city if you so choose. Using this site you will get a very accurate idea regarding price of rentals in the areas you are looking for.

However, DO NOT use the above site to find a rental. While the site is great for research, its not the best for finding a place. Most of the listing are out of date so the places on there are probably occupied.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area