Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 06:07 PM

443 posts, read 895,837 times

Advertisements

regal1, I don't get why you feel Nolefan was being rude. I didn't see any evidence of nastiness in his post. He was telling it like it is. I've lived here for 62 years and I think I'm pretty familiar with the area. Nolefan's advice about rent prices and safe/unsafe areas is pretty much spot on.

Here's a website for you to peruse while you're relaxing up there in L-B-T-S. Hope it helps.
Bad Apostrophes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2014, 05:11 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,469,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by regal1 View Post
Nolefan34, I don't need to change my screen name, because whatever I am stating is the truth, especially about you being very judgmental, sarcastic, and possibly offended because someone has stated that Florida is dirt cheap. You must admit that the way you responded "Do you realize Florida is on the East coast too" was a bit snide, crude and disrespectful?
I had stated when I was researching about buying a home, that I want a predominantly white neighborhood, because the facts are that those area's are less crime ridden, less drug dealers, less likely bullets flying around wildly, and definitely safer when one Jogs in the early morning or night, to at least return home safely without a knife in your back, or raped.
You must understand that many people are searching and seeking advice on this thread, possibly making the biggest decisions of their lives, and seek out info from individuals who are hopefully sincere. You have criticized numerous area's and labeled them as unsafe, possibly discouraging people to look elsewhere, creating more of a ghetto effect and preventing people to move to neighborhoods that could possibly be balanced out by other individuals moving in who are non violent, non criminal people who wish to stabilize a area, an with people like you responding there is no hope for certain area's. I am from NY, and there has been many neighborhoods that were taken back, and now most people cant afford to live there.
I have moved to Florida in spite of your suggestions, rented for 6 months, and realized a lot of neighborhoods that you said stay away from, very sketchy and sleazy people, that it wasn't so. You said stay away from all area's East of 95, which is ridiculous. Oakland Pk, I can see runs hot and cold. But yet there are blocks where the houses are changing all for the better. My Friend bought there 4 years ago for 85,000 and now sold his house in 3 days for 329,000. Tamarac, Margate, Coconut Creek are all very nice, an of course there are pockets that one has to be concerned about.
I liked Florida so much that I bought a home in Lauderdale-by-the-sea, and one in Boca. I have Family that definitely want to move down here because to them its dirt cheap, compared to NY, and they need to buy a home with a strict budget, and my Sister bought a charming home in Tamarac, as well as my cousin.
I have had enough of NY, wanted to move down to Florida, and definitely wanted to live in a White neighborhood, because of safety concerns, and am sure you are living in one as well. There are still neighborhoods that are safe, economic, and have people of color living there. I have no problem living with people of color, its just that I choose to be in a predominantly white area, balanced off with Asians,Latin, Black, and any other color race, or creed. But it is not my fault that when you see area's that are predominantly Black or Hispanic that those area's are usually crime ridden area's with extreme violence, crime, rape, burglary, and robbery. NO ONE SHOULD HAVE TO BE SUBJECTED TO SUCH LIVING CONDITIONS AND LIFESTYLE, NO MATTER WHAT COLOR, RACE, OR CREED.

SO don't get your balls all twisted in a knot, and chill, at least I got you to respond, and it gave you something to do, bye, bye Sweetie
regal1
Even the poster I was addressing didn't think I was rude. I'm not gonna address every sentence in your post. Waste of time. But I never said "stay away from all areas east of 95". You just made that up. You accuse me of being judgmental about neighborhoods, yet you are above that standard apparently. Why is it ok for you to judge neighborhoods but not me? You are being hypocritical.

Old 06-25-2014, 05:15 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,469,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigo View Post
regal1, I don't get why you feel Nolefan was being rude. I didn't see any evidence of nastiness in his post. He was telling it like it is. I've lived here for 62 years and I think I'm pretty familiar with the area. Nolefan's advice about rent prices and safe/unsafe areas is pretty much spot on.

Here's a website for you to peruse while you're relaxing up there in L-B-T-S. Hope it helps.
Bad Apostrophes
You didn't see any evidence because there was none. I wanted to know where you are from because someone coming from NYC might think South FL is cheap, but someone coming from another area might think it is super expensive.

Old 06-27-2014, 05:03 AM

40 posts, read 82,701 times
Nolefan34, Just read the first 2 sentences of your reply and the sarcasm wreaks, and the disdain of your other comments are easily comprehended by anyone who has a few brain cells, and not someone who is possibly a retired English Teacher who is hooked on corrections.
You don't wish to answer the rest of the comments NOT BECAUSE ITS A WASTE OF TIME BUT BECAUSE YOU DONT HAVE ANSWERS.
I have had several posts in the past, asking about neighborhoods and it always seemed that you would reply NOT SAFE, SKETCHY AREA with people you don't want to live with. You responded on those area's such as Hollywood, Oakland PK, North Andrews Gardens, Victoria PK, and stay away from Wilton Manors, because its surrounded with sleezy sketchy people. I know, how convenient for you to forget about those things and retaliate against someone with the Race Card, stating about me wanting to live in a White Area. Give me a Call when you move to Lauderhill. Not nice to use the race card unless you are a Politician.

Vigo, I am most happy that I at least try to use apostrophes, when most people in the USA can barely spell, or form a sentence, so GO BUY A VOWEL AND GET A CLUE
Vanna White, DA regal1

Old 07-05-2014, 03:36 PM

6 posts, read 12,567 times
hmm..well thank you for the responses...I guess I applied for the job in reverse order and should have really looked at how much rent is first....if it is 800-1200 for a safe area in pinebrook pines and close to the beach I probabilty made a big mistake not taking the position but things were moving too fast...did not research it first and it was for graveshift which i was not thrilled about...maybe later in life I will make it down to South Florida...I definitely plan on visting south beach and the areas near by again for a mini-vacation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area