Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 05:21 PM

440 posts, read 517,281 times

Advertisements

The governor is being investigated by the Feds for obstructing voters from voting (I had to wait 3 hours in the last presidential election to vote). The attorney general is doing everything in her power to prevent Gay men and women from marrying by trying to obstruct the rulings by judges in Florida favoring Gay marriage. Miami-Dade County is number one in the U.S. for new HIV infections with Broward County, which borders Miami-Dade being number two in the nation.
Would anyone like to weigh in as to why Florida has so many Scumbags in office and why South Florida has the highest number of new HIV infections in the U.S.?

Old 08-15-2014, 06:14 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,915,723 times
and Palm Bch Co is #3. top 3 highest HIV/AIDS patients live in those 3 counties!

Old 08-15-2014, 07:19 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,890,912 times
All these topics you're posting are nothing new.

Florida is about to be the 3rd most populated state in the country. SO, whatever.

//www.city-data.com/forum/miami...epicenter.html

Old 08-15-2014, 08:43 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,789,237 times
Relatively speaking none of these things affect you in any way shape or form and if you really care get out their and support aids awareness programs and stop ranting on an online forum. Also vote Rick Scott and Pam Bondi lame behinds out of office and Florida can get somewhere.

Last edited by Fl1150; 08-15-2014 at 08:56 PM..

Old 08-16-2014, 08:37 AM

438 posts, read 653,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotandHumid View Post
Would anyone like to weigh in as to why Florida has so many Scumbags in office and why South Florida has the highest number of new HIV infections in the U.S.?
To the first part of your question... Florida is a special place, and its political scumbags are also special. Where else would a crook who ran a corporation that ripped off millions from Medicare and Medicaid end up being governor instead of in prison? They are elected my low-information voters who simply don't get it. Will this change? Possibly, but perhaps not any time soon.

I kinda answered the question about the high rate of HIV in another thread recently. Many people here are VERY promiscuous and either don't care or don't care enough. There is a lot of alcoholism and drug abuse going on here. Pepole get messed up, have unprotected sex, share dirty needles.

Old 08-16-2014, 08:41 AM

14,940 posts, read 12,136,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD_fla View Post
To the first part of your question... Florida is a special place, and its political scumbags are also special. Where else would a crook who ran a corporation that ripped off millions from Medicare and Medicaid end up being governor instead of in prison? They are elected my low-information voters who simply don't get it. Will this change? Possibly, but perhaps not any time soon.

I kinda answered the question about the high rate of HIV in another thread recently. Many people here are VERY promiscuous and either don't care or don't care enough. There is a lot of alcoholism and drug abuse going on here. Pepole get messed up, have unprotected sex, share dirty needles.

Of course all this only happens in FL.

Old 08-16-2014, 08:43 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,689,444 times
OP, you're implying that people who are infected with HIV are scumbags.
That's just ridiculous.

Anyway, gay marriage will be legalized in the state. It's just going to have to go through the process. It's unfortunate that ppl are still trying to fight something as inevitable as equal marriage for people that want to marry, but it'll happen...

FL is full of many many good ppl and far fewer scumbags..

Old 08-16-2014, 08:52 AM

When I lived in Seattle, I was able to attend an HIV negative support group where individuals could discuss their safe-sex slip-ups in an atmosphere where no one else in the group could criticize the speaker but members were allowed to discuss their feelings about what was said by whoever was speaking. Over time, the majority of the members of the group had deduced for themselves and discussed it openly that it seemed that engaging in unsafe sex was about having a lack of self-esteem rather than not having information about HIV prevention and that no matter how much information they had about preventing HIV, along with seeing others die from AIDs in the community, it wasn't until they started to work on their own self-esteem that members of the group stopped engaging in unsafe sex.
When I returned to South Florida, I contacted the Director of the Gay and Lesbian Community Center and expressed my concern about how the current programs to cut HIV infection is South Florida obviously weren't working because of the increased rate of infection in South Florida and I discussed wanting to start an HIV negative support group like the one I had attended in Seattle.
I was told this was not a possibility because it might "offend" those in the community who were HIV positive who would feel themselves to be excluded from attending an HIV negative support group.
Needless to say, the infection rate in South Florida remains the highest in the country while heads of HIV prevention organizations have done nothing to attempt to create support groups for those in the South Florida community who work to remain HIV negative.

Old 08-16-2014, 08:58 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,689,444 times
"AN HIV negative support group"
oh come on....

Do people that are HIV negative need a "support group?" I mean really?... Is it such a burden to be HIV negative as to need a support group?

Perhaps renaming it would help.... Call it a "safe-sex" workshop or something... not an "HIV negative support group".... almost sounds laughable.

Old 08-16-2014, 09:14 AM

It seems to me that since people keep getting infected in South Florida and HIV meds don't always work for everyone, something should be done rather than just having a bunch of pretty boys in advertisements holding a condom in their hand.
Nobody really goes to safe sex workshops because people in Florida are bombarded about HIV prevention from magazines, billboards, etc. and yet the HIV rates here are still the highest in the U.S. It's not like people here don't know how to prevent HIV infection so the question remains, why are people still getting infected if they know the consequences?
OptimusPrime69 is not offering any solutions. Just ridicule of something that worked in Seattle that community leaders won't try here because it might offend someone that there could be a safe place for HIV negative people to talk about the pressures they feel to give up on engaging in safe sex because "HIV is now a manageable disease." Although not for all.
And how there is so much support there to help out those who are HIV positive but nothing in the way of supporting those who don't want to end up HIV positive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area