Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 12:00 PM

63 posts, read 87,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
Most people I have spoken with who are not from Florida seem to think that all of Broward is Fort Lauderdale, thus my previous reply, sorry if it did not meet with your approval.

As for which areas to live for safety, I like the Las Olas area, 17th street causeway area and along the beach areas, so check out 33301 and 33316, I am sure others can add some zip codes on top of those.

Below is a link to some properties for rent to give you some ideas.
Fort Lauderdale Beach

BTW if someone does a search of properties for rent in Fort Lauderdale, then it will often show some properties all over Broward County, check it out for yourself and you will see what I mean.
Whether true or or not, you still shouldn't encourage the ignorance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2014, 08:21 PM

45 posts, read 60,945 times
I've lived in sunrise right behind oak park blvd it was nice there..

Old 01-17-2015, 01:26 AM

12 posts, read 19,660 times
Thanks so much for this guys!

Old 01-19-2015, 02:25 PM

12 posts, read 19,660 times
Broward county as a whole Thanks much everyone!

Old 01-19-2015, 03:24 PM

2,805 posts, read 3,252,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sole123 View Post
Whether true or or not, you still shouldn't encourage the ignorance.
Helping people is what is important to me, you wishing to call it ignorance helps no one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sole123 View Post
Guy is asking about ft. Lauderdale not broward.
The op was dolphinGIRL so my guess is they are not a guy.

The fact is that this section is called Fort Lauderdale Area, so it is and always has been about all of Broward County.

Hopefully the op has found what they seek.

Old 01-19-2015, 08:25 PM

351 posts, read 460,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
Helping people is what is important to me, you wishing to call it ignorance helps no one.

The op was dolphinGIRL so my guess is they are not a guy.

The fact is that this section is called Fort Lauderdale Area, so it is and always has been about all of Broward County.

Hopefully the op has found what they seek.

Totally agree with you Mr. Lee

It's not that people are ignorant, it's just the way it's. People don't have time to memorize all 3296 counties in the U.S. Instead people are familiar with metropolitan areas. Broward county is even included in Miami's metro area. I always say I live in the Fort Lauderdale area to those who have no clue where Weston is located and I don't call them ignorant for not knowing the exact location of the approx 40k cities in the U.S.

Old 01-20-2015, 08:07 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,466,972 times
Original Poster- Tell us more about what you're looking for. How old are you? Are you married with kids? Or single? Are you planning to rent or buy? The answers would vary quite a bit depending on those factors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area