Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 08:19 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,916,263 times

Advertisements

I would say come to the Fort Lauderdale area first or google the region and see how you like the surrounding areas of your destination. Like someone mentioned, someone visiting here and someone living here are two different things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2014, 09:09 PM

274 posts, read 237,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
I guess you didn't see the word form, if you are going to correct people make sure you have your stuff correctly or is my hyperbole of drama too superfluous for your taste.

Thanks for playing.

Old 11-25-2014, 09:24 PM

274 posts, read 237,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
I would say come to the Fort Lauderdale area first or google the region and see how you like the surrounding areas of your destination. Like someone mentioned, someone visiting here and someone living here are two different things.
My friend your enthusiasm for repetition is not lost on me but please read the original post and notice she mentions having already played tourist at least once in the "region". Almost nothing worse than someone who replies to a post without reading the post completely first. Other than someone who attempts a statistical analysis without data. (Looking at you perry335654)

Old 11-25-2014, 10:48 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,916,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfan33068 View Post
My friend your enthusiasm for repetition is not lost on me but please read the original post and notice she mentions having already played tourist at least once in the "region". Almost nothing worse than someone who replies to a post without reading the post completely first. Other than someone who attempts a statistical analysis without data. (Looking at you perry335654)
I said Fort Lauderdale, she had never been to the Fort Lauderdale area or region, so your ignorance of reading my post is astounding, maybe it is because you are defensive, I am giving this person good advice and you want to interrupt progress.

Old 11-26-2014, 11:26 PM

30 posts, read 35,356 times
Crash and Burn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-02-2014, 07:55 AM

355 posts, read 389,268 times
Can someone inform me of the difference between S.Fl, and Charleston Sc. Which in your opinion would be a better lifestyle for a family.

Old 12-02-2014, 11:03 AM

1,905 posts, read 2,777,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotstoboiledpenuts View Post
Can someone inform me of the difference between S.Fl, and Charleston Sc. Which in your opinion would be a better lifestyle for a family.
Quite simple in as a vast urban area with many nice family friendly suburbs an many activities and amenities to offer. Also diverse with a lot of culture as well. Downside would be more crime and very busy and populated but that comes along with bigger cities. Charleston seems like a nice area to me but smaller and more of small town community feel. If that is what your looking for then I would go with Charleston but if your looking for a area with more to offer in terms of things to do then I would go with S.Fl.

Old 12-02-2014, 01:35 PM

355 posts, read 389,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl1150 View Post
Quite simple in as a vast urban area with many nice family friendly suburbs an many activities and amenities to offer. Also diverse with a lot of culture as well. Downside would be more crime and very busy and populated but that comes along with bigger cities. Charleston seems like a nice area to me but smaller and more of small town community feel. If that is what your looking for then I would go with Charleston but if your looking for a area with more to offer in terms of things to do then I would go with S.Fl.
Thank you for your response. I'm presently residing in Charleston but I hear a lot about S.FL. I wanted to hear opinions from residents of S.Fl. I really don't have much knowledge of S.Fl. so I was trying to compare both locations from a knowledgeable view. Charleston is very family friendly with lots of activities for children. I would assume S.Fl especially the area of Miami would be a large city with a lots of culture, the positive and negatives of living in a big city.

Old 12-02-2014, 05:03 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,857,914 times
Charleston > South FL. All day. Everyday.

Old 12-02-2014, 09:46 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,777,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotstoboiledpenuts View Post
Thank you for your response. I'm presently residing in Charleston but I hear a lot about S.FL. I wanted to hear opinions from residents of S.Fl. I really don't have much knowledge of S.Fl. so I was trying to compare both locations from a knowledgeable view. Charleston is very family friendly with lots of activities for children. I would assume S.Fl especially the area of Miami would be a large city with a lots of culture, the positive and negatives of living in a big city.
Yea some people say South Florida is getting worst meaning more traffic but a lot of people who live here come from other cities so its not that bad. I think it depends on your preference an what you want for your family. If your looking for something new and different then I say explore some of the areas to see if it may work for you. The economy is stable and growing so you shouldn't have to worry too much about that aspect. I suggest to take a trip down to see for yourself on how you feel about moving here for the long term.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area