Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2015, 09:50 PM

20 posts, read 19,172 times

Advertisements

i went to century village in pembroke pines and i did like the community.

it says that i can rent once a year. i m looking to buy it as an investment. i saw some 2 bed room 2 bath for abt 75k in there.

its a 55+ community.

Things i worry:

will i get enough renters as i see very less 55+ people who will rent as they already stable stage in life.

once i rent them i need them to stay for year and not break contract and just leave in middle because than i cannot rent for another few months.

thinks which are advantage

i see this people as more stable and not just paying rent or destroying my property
no parties or too many people so property remains in good condition.

location looks perfect to me as its near to miami and all working areas. i m looking at it as young people who work in miami area may rent this property for there parents.

is it advantage to take 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom in this case?
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2015, 05:16 AM

17,298 posts, read 22,023,110 times
Why would you want to be an out of state landlord for a $700-900 a month apartment? What would be the upside? CV is low income retirement living, HOA hassle is legendary and it is an old complex (meaning building assessments are very possible).

Old 01-09-2015, 07:29 AM

2,805 posts, read 3,253,403 times
There seems to be a number of them renting from $1000 and up listed HERE, I am not sure I would ever wish to be an out of state landlord and then the fact you would not get homestead on that property would mean increases in property taxes yearly to whatever the govt wishes to raise them to, and then the monthly condo fees can go up as well.

If you look at those for sale, monthly fees seem to be somewhere around .40 per square foot making them $400 to over $500 a month, add that to your taxes of around $1500 a year ($125 a month) to start with and then add insurance, and of course all those rates probably going up yearly, and then think if you still think it would be worth it.

If you planned to move down later on to use it yourself, or to use it for yearly vacations and of course can afford the upkeep, then that would be a good reason to buy but being a landlord in Florida can be a pain if you happen to get a bad tenant and since a good part of Florida is transient, odds can be good for that to happen.

Quote:
You should know that, under eviction law, your landlord cannot simply kick you out of your apartment or other space that you're renting, even if you are behind on rent. In almost all situations, a landlord must obtain a court judgment before evicting a tenant. - See more

Old 01-09-2015, 01:44 PM

2,805 posts, read 3,253,403 times
One correction on my post above, the county can raise the taxes on a non Homestead exempt unit up to 10% a year after reassessment which comes the following year after the purchase and only up to 3% a year on Homestead units once assessed, those numbers exclude school board assessments.

Old 01-13-2015, 01:26 PM

154 posts, read 388,621 times
don't plan to rent as to many rentals now! especially who would want to rent in CV??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area