Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 07:30 PM

440 posts, read 513,496 times

Advertisements

The elected officials of Fort Lauderdale refuse to spend any money to build a public restroom facility or a series of facilities on Fort Lauderdale Beach, even though they spent money to build a children's jungle gym structure on the section of Sebastian Beach where a large number of Gays go when they go to Fort Lauderdale Beach and you can probably come up with a reason for why taxpayer money was spent to build a children's jungle gym on a Gay frequented section of Fort Lauderdale Beach by orders of the mayor built during the rein of one of Fort Lauderdale's anti-Gay mayors.
It's unbelievable that city officials charge people to park to go to the beach but then won't use any of the parking fees to provide restrooms for the public who pay for parking on the beach. This leaves people the choice of either crossing heavily trafficked AIA and trying to find a restaurant, hotel or store to let them use their restroom or answering the call of nature in the ocean. Since ocean waves tend to push whatever is in shallow water towards the shore, you won't find me swimming in the ocean at that beach.
I guess the elected officials of Fort Lauderdale are too busy concerning themselves with writing laws to prevent people from going out to feed the homeless who may be partially disabled and who can't walk miles to a church run soup kitchen or who can't afford to take public transportation to such facilities, than to address issues of public access to restrooms at Fort Lauderdale Beach and possible water sanitation issues at Fort Lauderdale Beach caused by those who can't wait for cars to stop on A1A at stop lights so they can cross A1A and then go searching for a business that will let them use their restroom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2014, 07:54 PM

92 posts, read 109,838 times
I Usually park at south beach,you drive into the parking lot across from bahia cabana on the beach side,rest rooms there,have they closed them,can't remember them ever having rest rooms any place else on the beach,so true,is there a gay only stretch of the beach,i thought we were supposed to enjoy the beach with everyone included..gays need a special section?

Old 11-24-2014, 08:31 PM

440 posts, read 513,496 times
Default Subject is about lack o Restrooms on Beach

The topic is about the City of Fort Lauderdale not providing public restroom facilities at the beach and I mentioned the jungle gym being built on the section of the beach where Gays go as just another waste of taxpayer money and the time spent in Fort Lauderdale by city elected city officials not addressing the needs of the general beach going public who pay for parking but don't have public restrooms to go to operated or built by the city for them. Anyone is welcome to go to the section of the beach where Gays go as it's not a special section just for Gays but good luck trying to find a public restroom on Fort Lauderdale Beach operated by the City of Fort Lauderdale on most stretches of Fort Lauderdale Beach.

Last edited by HotandHumid; 11-24-2014 at 08:41 PM..

Old 03-15-2015, 01:52 PM

1,005 posts, read 2,640,837 times
Hot and humid, I like your posts--especially re Oakland Park Blvd. and the lack of trees. Very depressing situation in S. Florida.

Old 03-15-2015, 08:22 PM

58 posts, read 84,193 times
Whoa had no idea about this. I assumed that all beaches have public restrooms. I guess not.

Old 03-15-2015, 10:48 PM

2,033 posts, read 3,184,988 times
Only 1 persons opinion

Old 03-18-2015, 11:59 AM

164 posts, read 371,251 times
There are public restrooms at the South Beach Lot and also inside of Beach Place.

Old 03-20-2015, 12:12 PM

438 posts, read 649,286 times
Back up until I think the early 1990s, they had public restrooms on the beach. I remember this because back then I used to be a beach person myself. I also remember that the city used to get a lot of complaints from beachgoers about those restrooms---primarily that they were always filthy, but also because of other activities that used to go on in them. Drug pushers used them a lot to sell their stuff, and a lot of gay men used to go there to meet up with others for hanky panky. City cops set up stings and began busting a lot of people in those toilets...then came the complaints about discrimination. I was looking for an XS periodical article from the time to post on this but couldn't find it. But I did find another article from another source that gives a pretty good idea about what was going on in those bathrooms back then. I'm not surprised that the city shut them down. Now, if your a beacher, get your tan on then rinse off and go home.

Fort Lauderdale Boards Up Crime-ridden Restrooms On Beach - tribunedigital-sunsentinel

Old 03-20-2015, 12:27 PM

17 posts, read 26,259 times
The reason there are limited restrooms in Fort Lauderdale is because of the sexual predictors and deviant activities that were occurring in bathrooms around the area. That is not a good thing, being that I am prone to use the toilet a lot.

Old 03-24-2015, 08:35 PM

1,558 posts, read 4,763,534 times
If you need to pee just go in the ocean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area