Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 08:22 AM

3 posts, read 20,701 times

Advertisements

My cat Bob has gotten very very ill. I took him to the vet and they did nothing for him. Put him on an IV for fluids and said they wouldn't do anything for him until we paid for almost 600 dollars worth of tests. I would do this in a minute but I lost my job a while back and still haven't found another one. I am looking for a vet anywhere. Plantation, Coconut Creek, Hollywood, Pembroke Pines, Pompano, Fort Lauderdale, ANYWHERE. Does ANYONE know of a vet that possibly takes payments or is maybe less expensive than Banfield or VCA. I would really appreciate the help. My cat will die if I don't get him treatment and I will be heartbroken. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2010, 12:08 PM

1,086 posts, read 3,360,600 times
I just went thru the same thing with a sick cat.

How is your credit?

Most Vets do not take payment plans, but they do offer Care Credit which you can apply to online:

CareCredit® Veterinary Financing for Pet Care, Pet Surgery, Vaccinations & Other Veterinary Medicine Procedures

Also, you can give Cats Exclusive, Inc and Low-Cost Spay/Neuter Clinic a call, they specialize in fostering cats, they also assist with low cost spay/nueter and will help pay through donations. They also have a clinic within the facility and they may be able to help you.

Good Luck

Old 04-10-2010, 12:14 PM

157 posts, read 601,148 times
contact the humane society and they can hook you up with a low cost clinic

Old 05-14-2010, 08:34 AM

1 posts, read 10,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarterid View Post
My cat Bob has gotten very very ill. I took him to the vet and they did nothing for him. Put him on an IV for fluids and said they wouldn't do anything for him until we paid for almost 600 dollars worth of tests. I would do this in a minute but I lost my job a while back and still haven't found another one. I am looking for a vet anywhere. Plantation, Coconut Creek, Hollywood, Pembroke Pines, Pompano, Fort Lauderdale, ANYWHERE. Does ANYONE know of a vet that possibly takes payments or is maybe less expensive than Banfield or VCA. I would really appreciate the help. My cat will die if I don't get him treatment and I will be heartbroken. Thanks

I know there are some vets in Lauderhill that are cheaper. I may be needing one myself as I just adopted 2 kittens from the Humane Society that are sick and now one of my other cats are sick. Let me know if you have any luck. Your kitty needs antibiotics.

Old 05-14-2010, 01:28 PM

1,076 posts, read 2,369,306 times
Try Dr. Stone at taft AND UNIVERSITY ON NW CORNER . He is a great vet and priced reasonably. Not free though, dont get the wrong idea. The only place suuuuper cheap in humane society.

Old 11-21-2013, 07:26 AM

1 posts, read 7,969 times
HELP!!!! I am looking for a low cost vet that will see my dog. He is coughing and kind of sneezing. I do not know what it is and I am sure that this will, if taken to a regular vet, will cost me an arm and leg. I am unemployed and on a limited budget. I have to care for three other animals in my house as well. I guess losing a job is a big issue and finding a vet that will cost me very little is very hard to do here in Broward County. Can anyone suggest anything? I have looked into this in the net and the net says he can have many different things wrong with him.... I do not want to lose my baby!

Old 11-21-2013, 01:41 PM

3,237 posts, read 3,196,331 times
I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. I am on an obedience email list and several have posted messages of their dogs contracting canine influenza at some of the dog shows/obedience and flyball trials here in Florida. A couple of dog obedience centers in the western and central part of the state have (allegedly) shut down until they can disinfect their entire facilities. There are so many strains of kennel cough and I believe only one vaccine that doesn't work for all strains.

Where in Broward are you located? My vet is not accepting any new patients but she has a partner, Dr. Melissa, who is, who is also very good. The prices are very reasonable, but they do require payment in full. I don't know if they accept Care Credit or not. Anyway, this practice is located in West Broward, near I-595 and Flamingo. It is ARRC, and the phone # is 954-916-4903. Good luck.

Old 12-06-2013, 04:12 AM

7 posts, read 12,409 times
Thanks for sharing this thread. Yeah vet costs too much. I also need some info for inexpensive ones.
I'm counting on you
I'll keep in touch.

Old 04-01-2014, 06:30 AM

3 posts, read 9,321 times
Welcome in West Palm Beach,non profit affordable.

Old 04-02-2014, 09:40 PM

355 posts, read 1,583,555 times
I also recommend Dr. Stone. He has VERY reasonable rates, and loves what he does. Pasadena Lakes Animal Clinic. 954-432-8396. 1752 N. University Drive, Pembroke Pines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area