Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 02:42 PM

191 posts, read 317,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
I was thinking of that area right near 75 in Southwest Ranches, but I just did a Google maps search and that little corridor of regular houses appears to have been annexed by Davie. It runs right down the middle of Southwest Ranches. So yeah, that would mean just about all of Southwest Ranches is out of budget in the $500k - $600k range. But I would consider that part, "technically" Davie as an area to look at.

I wonder what the story was with that..... it cuts Southwest Ranches right in half. Did the new government not want the couple of "regular" neighborhoods?
If you are talking about Ivanhoe, the original developer requested the area be annexed into Davie when it was being developed back in the 70's . A little before my time, but I guess they wanted to be sure to have "local" services as opposed to being "unincorporated". I think it wasn't actually annexed until some time in the 80's when Davie annexed a few different areas. Southwest Ranches incorporated later on - around 2000 I believe.

Although as to the original post, that's not a bad to look in. Son's girlfriend's family lives there. Quiet, decent sized houses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2015, 03:10 PM

351 posts, read 460,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
I wonder what the story was with that..... it cuts Southwest Ranches right in half. Did the new government not want the couple of "regular" neighborhoods?
Pembroke Pines does the same thing further west

Old 12-29-2015, 08:01 AM

2,747 posts, read 2,634,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexRodriguez View Post
Pembroke Pines does the same thing further west
Remember when Pines was trying to take the entire Southwest Ranches? And so Southwest Ranches was born.... they had no desire to be part of Pines

Old 01-02-2016, 07:28 PM

8 posts, read 6,150 times
You will be very happy in Southwest Broward County, with top rated schools and a reasonable commute to Hialeah. Home prices are within your budget and you would have a good selection of homes to choose from. There are great neighborhoods in Pembroke Pines, Weston, Cooper City, Davie, and West Miramar. There are plenty of activities for the whole family. You will be very happy there! Southwest Ranches is mostly acreage properties, and prices are higher.

Good luck and welcome to South Florida!

Old 01-02-2016, 08:23 PM

301 posts, read 368,565 times
Stay in Hialeah because your commute will be a nightmare plus you speak fluent Spanish.

Have a great weekend!

Old 01-03-2016, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Git Her Done View Post
Stay in Hialeah because your commute will be a nightmare plus you speak fluent Spanish.

Have a great weekend!
As anyone can tell, Git Her Done is simply a troll. Ignore it.

Old 01-03-2016, 12:09 PM

64 posts, read 70,097 times
I think the commute to Hialeah is within about 30 minutes from Southwest Ranches. I've had a lot of clients prefer the Broward areas because there is more yard space available. Are you thinking of Southwest Ranches because lot size? There are homes available in your price range in that area. They do tend to be the older homes but many have been updated nicely over the years. There are also a few neighborhoods, like Hawkes Bluff which can get you a lot of house with a less yard to maintain but still your own space for the kids to run around. There are great schools in the community. It's nice because it also contains one of the few really well rated middle schools in the county.

Old 01-03-2016, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferWessel View Post
I think the commute to Hialeah is within about 30 minutes from Southwest Ranches. I've had a lot of clients prefer the Broward areas because there is more yard space available. Are you thinking of Southwest Ranches because lot size? There are homes available in your price range in that area. They do tend to be the older homes but many have been updated nicely over the years. There are also a few neighborhoods, like Hawkes Bluff which can get you a lot of house with a less yard to maintain but still your own space for the kids to run around. There are great schools in the community. It's nice because it also contains one of the few really well rated middle schools in the county.
My wife commuted from (west) Cooper City to Doral (right near Hialeah) and it's MAYBE 30 minutes, if that. Now from Davie near 75 and it's about the same. It's an easy drive. And 75 is being upgraded, so the commute will only get shorter.

Old 01-04-2016, 08:27 AM

874 posts, read 900,101 times
Looking at the MLS, there are currently 12 properties under $600K listed as being in Southwest Ranches. But my advice would be to focus more on lifestyle... how far is the commute, do you have the time/budget to maintain & enjoy a large yard, how are the schools, will you have access to the shops, restaurants, amenities you want? You need to think not just about what you will need today, but what your life will be like over the next 5-10 years. You want to buy a property that will grow with your family.

Old 01-04-2016, 10:41 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,828,936 times
My barber lives in Hialeah and works in Weston. He says his commute is four songs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area