Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 12:34 PM

3,148 posts, read 3,096,846 times

Advertisements

Last time I saw all the construction around US1 and the airport I was thinking "Oh The Humanity!!!" I have taken US 1 a few times. The traffic lights and bottleneck around Young Circle in Hollywood is a big mess from my experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2015, 10:03 AM

4,346 posts, read 7,778,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fla305 View Post
if 95 south is so bad, then maybe the move is to take 595 all the way past the airport to US1 and drive down US1 to hallandale.
This is another option. My friend commutes from Sunny Isles to Cypress Creek/I-95. He uses US1 and Griffin Rd to avoid the stretch of I-95 between Griffin and Ives Dary.

Old 12-27-2015, 11:57 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,155,282 times
Quote:
if 95 south is so bad, then maybe the move is to take 595 all the way past the airport to US1 and drive down US1 to hallandale.
That route might be ok out of season, but in season, US 1 moves very slowly. So slowly that I never considered taking it from Miami, so I don't know what the southbound traffic is like in the morning.

I tried taking it a couple of nights from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami (in season), and it was torture. Barely moved, tons of lights, Hollywood jam ups, etc. Fact is that in season, getting anywhere is a traffic slog.

In the end, I couldn't take the Miami/Broward commuting thing. I realized I was spending almost 15 hours per week sitting or driving in traffic and it is not really tolerable traffic--it is very stressful inconsiderate and crazy traffic that pretty much wrecks your quality of life. Lots of people do it, though--for their careers I guess.

If you have a traffic app, you could take a look at the times and routes you are considering and check out how fast it is moving. Problem is, the accidents can really slow it down.

Old 12-27-2015, 03:16 PM

164 posts, read 371,467 times
The faster commute is definitely Weston/Sunrise. If I were you, I would take 595 all the way to Federal Highway, and then take Federal Highway south to Hallandale. There will be no southbound traffic from 595 to Hallandale on Federal during the morning commute. Federal Highway, overall, flows very smoothly in that area at all times of day.

Old 12-28-2015, 09:49 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,425,349 times
Quote:
Nope. That way is worse. There are too many stoplights, buses, and school zones. If it was that easy, everyone else would do it. Any way other than 95 involves too much time backtracking on other roads in my experience. And to be honest, 95 won't be that bad since you'll only be going 4-5 exits. 95 between 595 and Hallandale can get rough, but is nothing compared to further south in Miami. The Pembroke Road exit goes much quicker than Hallandale Beach Blvd, so once you learn the cut throughs you can take that route.

Another possible route I was thinking was just take the Turnpike all the way down to Hollywood Blvd, and after exiting, cut through to Pembroke Road. You will spend extra time backtracking on the back roads, but will avoid 95. I suppose you could try different routes to see which one suites you best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area