U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2008, 01:44 PM

1 posts, read 6,180 times

Advertisements

My wife and I have jobs waiting for us in Ft Lauderdale and we will be moving sometime in May. Our jobs will be close to the executive airport in Ft Lauderdale, are there any good and affordable apartments in that area?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2008, 05:01 PM

518 posts, read 2,105,756 times
Let me know your price range and how far you're willing to drive and I can give you some specifics. There's not much right near the airport that I know of, but you'll have many more options if you don't mind a commute of 15 minutes or so.

Old 02-08-2008, 02:26 PM

8,376 posts, read 29,216,898 times
Actually, Palm Aire is literally right down the block and that area is pretty nice, although I don't like whats to the north of it. North Lauderdale is about 5 minutes away and more affordable than some other areas locally but still relatively clean and safe. You should have no problem finding a decent affordable condo or apartment for rent in the Palm Aire area or in North Lauderdale.

Old 02-08-2008, 03:16 PM

518 posts, read 2,105,756 times
Gee, forgot about Palm-Aire ... one of my good friends even used to live there. That's about as convenient to the airport as you can get (though I'd agree that the area north of it is questionable).

If "Compelled" is thinking of the same apartments in North Lauderdale as I am, there's a nice cluster of complexes due west of the airport -- in fact, it's a straight shot on Cypress Creek Road -- near Hampton Pines Park. Again, the area to the north is not all that great, but it is avoidable.

Another option I thought of: One of the guys who works for me lives in a place called Banyan Bay on Atlantic Boulevard near the turnpike west of Pompano Beach. He speaks highly of it, as have several others who have lived there over the years. It's probably about 10 minutes or so north and west of the airport.

There's a beautiful complex in Fort Lauderdale about 15 minutes east of the airport that would be an easy drive, but it's along the Intracoastal and you'll pay accordingly (about $1,150/month for a 1-bedroom). If you can afford that, though, it's worth checking out.

Old 02-08-2008, 03:17 PM

8,376 posts, read 29,216,898 times
Areas to the north of North Lauderdale are pretty nice actually (That's Coral Springs/Tamarac), which is why I was recommending it, and it's a straight shoot up Cypress/McNab. I think that area might be safer than Palm Aire, although maybe not as nice as a whole. To the south of N. Lauderdale it's not "As" good but it's not flat out substandard like Pompano. And yes, we were thinking of the same cluster, although most of the city is working class (but well kept) single family neighborhoods.

Old 02-10-2008, 12:12 AM

15 posts, read 65,859 times
Very good areas. I live in North Lauderdale now which is on the same road as the airport. There is actually a great apartment complex one block west of 31st and Cypress Creek. I don't remember the exact name but it is... something Cove. I have been in there, and it is spacious inside and you get your own parking garage. Very nice gym and landscape...hope this helps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area