Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2016, 05:48 AM

3 posts, read 6,297 times

Advertisements

We are moving from Loxahatchee in April-We have chosen this area because we want the acreage. We have a lot of pets plus 2 pot bellied pigs.
Can anybody tell me about the area, all the good bad and indifferent please
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2016, 09:16 AM

2,805 posts, read 3,252,147 times
You will probably get more replies in the West Palm Beach section, since that area is up there. Enjoy your new area, it is nice up there and plenty of airboats and gators if you happen to be into those...

Old 02-21-2016, 09:29 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,739,729 times
Moving from or to? You will enjoy Loxahatches compared to the usual garbage you find in south Florida. Some crime but never a ghetto. Just watch for the rare flood in the rainy season. many dirt roads are now paved, and unlike Dade county any remaining dirt roads are maintained. You have a third world element but nowhere near as bad as the more densely developed areas. I give it my highest ratings of the area.

Old 02-22-2016, 08:03 PM

63 posts, read 91,816 times
I have family who live there and the cell signal sucks out there compared to the city which is only 15 minutes away.

Plenty of open space so you should enjoy it!

Old 03-06-2016, 08:33 AM

3 posts, read 6,297 times
thank you can't find a house they are going like hotcakes

Old 03-16-2016, 08:16 AM

1 posts, read 2,618 times
haha I noticed the date you are moving, April 2016, and had to post...We are in the process of buying a house in Loxahatchee right now (inspections are going on right now) and will be moving at the end of April 2016 yay!....It's in the area of Seminole Pratt and Northlake (anyone have opinions on this area?) I have a horse and it is the only area in Palm Beach and Broward that was in our price range closest to Wellington. Yes, the homes were going like hot cakes, we lost several homes of interest because of that. Ironically, a home I liked that went under contract and fell through we were able to snag when my Realtor called and said it just went back on the market. Even though I would have wanted to be in Wellington, it is close enough (for now).

I think my husband and I will be happy there, on one side of us the neighbor might be kind of noisy based off of the equipment and "toys" they had parked on their property. The neighbor on the other side kept things sort of nice but we will see how that goes, lol. Across the street are new homes, very clean and orderly, thank goodness. I have never lived on a home with a well, so I have some major concerns because looking into moving to Loxahatchee has been riddled with controversy, various people saying yes it's fine there, no it's not. I am pretty scared by some people warning me not to even move there because of the water contamination issues, cancer scares in the past, etc. I have a friend who lives only a few blocks away from the new house and she said "NEVER EVER EVER drink the water coming form your well!" LOL... She relies strictly on bottled water, even for cooking. YIKES. So this is the only thing making me feel uncomfortable about moving there. It gets expensive having to always drink from water bottle sources, so I don't know. My husband thinks nothing of putting his cup under the faucet and drinking straight up. I use tap water for coffee and cooking. We make iced tea every day from tap water, too. This is going to be a big habit change for us! The guy doing our well water inspection was like yeah, those people drinking city water don't have it any better. Ugh.

Other than freaking out about the well water, I really think that my husband and I will be happy with so many things to do in the surrounding areas, with Boca Raton being my home town and not too far away, I am looking forward to our upcoming move. Good luck with your move, I hope you enjoy the other area you are moving to.

Old 03-16-2016, 09:29 AM

2,747 posts, read 2,630,765 times
A lot of people get a proper water system installed. PM me and I can give you the name of a company that my family used in Loxahatchee. I have no concerns with drinking the water at their houses.

Old 01-16-2018, 04:51 PM

8 posts, read 15,156 times
Default Save to move to Loxahatchee Fl?

Hallo,

So happy to read your post about your adventure to Loxahatchee!

Hopefully you or someone else who read this could help us with our questions...

last year we emigrated to the US because of my husband's work in Fort lauderdale.
We live currently in Weston FL because of the great schools and sense of security.
But we do have plans to buy a house in the near future and therefore we are making our research. We would like to live near West Palm Beach once my husband will be working there more often.

Sadly enough everything seem to be so packed and so expensive for the "amount of house and land" you get.
Then we found Loxahatchee on the map....with good schools, a lot of space, not that expensive or packed.
Only problem is that we also came across a lot of articles about a cancer cluster situation that has being going on for a few years now. We understood the water was contaminated with also radiation.
Our question is.....what is the situation right now? Does Loxahatchee still has no water from the county? Do they have plans about doing it?
And if not, does the water still contaminated?
What can you do to clean your water also from radiation?
How are the folks who still live there dealing with this?

We would really appreciate some response, once we are new hear and really need to talk about it with honest people.

Thank you so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderintheMist View Post
haha I noticed the date you are moving, April 2016, and had to post...We are in the process of buying a house in Loxahatchee right now (inspections are going on right now) and will be moving at the end of April 2016 yay!....It's in the area of Seminole Pratt and Northlake (anyone have opinions on this area?) I have a horse and it is the only area in Palm Beach and Broward that was in our price range closest to Wellington. Yes, the homes were going like hot cakes, we lost several homes of interest because of that. Ironically, a home I liked that went under contract and fell through we were able to snag when my Realtor called and said it just went back on the market. Even though I would have wanted to be in Wellington, it is close enough (for now).

I think my husband and I will be happy there, on one side of us the neighbor might be kind of noisy based off of the equipment and "toys" they had parked on their property. The neighbor on the other side kept things sort of nice but we will see how that goes, lol. Across the street are new homes, very clean and orderly, thank goodness. I have never lived on a home with a well, so I have some major concerns because looking into moving to Loxahatchee has been riddled with controversy, various people saying yes it's fine there, no it's not. I am pretty scared by some people warning me not to even move there because of the water contamination issues, cancer scares in the past, etc. I have a friend who lives only a few blocks away from the new house and she said "NEVER EVER EVER drink the water coming form your well!" LOL... She relies strictly on bottled water, even for cooking. YIKES. So this is the only thing making me feel uncomfortable about moving there. It gets expensive having to always drink from water bottle sources, so I don't know. My husband thinks nothing of putting his cup under the faucet and drinking straight up. I use tap water for coffee and cooking. We make iced tea every day from tap water, too. This is going to be a big habit change for us! The guy doing our well water inspection was like yeah, those people drinking city water don't have it any better. Ugh.

Other than freaking out about the well water, I really think that my husband and I will be happy with so many things to do in the surrounding areas, with Boca Raton being my home town and not too far away, I am looking forward to our upcoming move. Good luck with your move, I hope you enjoy the other area you are moving to.

Old 01-16-2018, 04:55 PM

8 posts, read 15,156 times
Default Save to move to Loxahatchee Fl?

Hi,

Thanks for commenting! :-)

Hopefully you or someone else who read this could help us with our questions...

last year we emigrated to the US because of my husband's work in Fort lauderdale.
We live currently in Weston FL because of the great schools and sense of security.
But we do have plans to buy a house in the near future and therefore we are making our research. We would like to live near West Palm Beach once my husband will be working there more often.

Sadly enough everything seem to be so packed and so expensive for the "amount of house and land" you get.
Then we found Loxahatchee on the map....with good schools, a lot of space, not that expensive or packed.
Only problem is that we also came across a lot of articles about a cancer cluster situation that has being going on for a few years now. We understood the water was contaminated with also radiation.
Our question is.....what is the situation right now? Does Loxahatchee still has no water from the county? Do they have plans about doing it?
And if not, does the water still contaminated?
What can you do to clean your water also from radiation?
How are the folks who still live there dealing with this?

We would really appreciate some response, once we are new hear and really need to talk about it with honest people.

Thank you so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
A lot of people get a proper water system installed. PM me and I can give you the name of a company that my family used in Loxahatchee. I have no concerns with drinking the water at their houses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area