Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2016, 07:47 PM

6 posts, read 5,428 times

Advertisements

Is there a thread here, or we just post random. I like to hear positives. Still have season tickets since the good old days. Why oh why do I ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2016, 08:00 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,941,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphins-ugh View Post
Is there a thread here, or we just post random. I like to hear positives. Still have season tickets since the good old days. Why oh why do I ?
Yea, there is a Sports Forum near the bottom of the C-D Forum. It should be okay here, though.

I believe it is about who they bring in for coach next year and his staff. It takes time to get relegated to the players from the coaches perspective. New England always makes it tough and then Miami traveling to cold weather cities like Buffalo and New York makes it difficult in their division. I hope they retain Coach Campbell as this would be a plus for the Dolphins. The Draft picks will be crucial also and that they fill the right slots. Haven't heard too much Dolphin Sports news.

Old 04-07-2016, 09:43 PM

6 posts, read 5,428 times
I check in Bleacher report every few days. But to tell you the truth, last few years i record the away games, and fast forward the pain and watch the game in less than an hour or so.

Old 04-08-2016, 07:09 AM

2,747 posts, read 2,633,582 times
The Heat and Panthers are doing stellar. So at least we have a couple local winning teams to enjoy.

Old 04-08-2016, 10:30 AM

389 posts, read 662,578 times
Nice to see a Dolphins thread here. The Tampa Bay board has threads for the Bucs and Rays.

I don't see the Dolphins winning as long as Stephen Ross is the owner. He means well, but he's got a bad habit of trusting weak coaches and general managers (Tony Sparano, Jeff Ireland, Joe Philbin) and then sticking with them too long. All of the above people should have been let go at least a year before they were. And the same thing is happening now with Mike Tannenbaum, the current general manager. He ruined the Jets when he was in charge there and is doing the same with the Dolphins, but he's Ross' friend and probably will keep the job for two or three more years.

The result of all this is a roster with a severe shortage of talent and depth. Everyone blames Tannehill for the Dolphins' problems -- and he's nothing special -- but I'm not sure even a great quarterback could put this team in the playoffs. The offensive line reeks, the defensive line is mediocre despite having one of the highest-paid players in the game, the linebackers are a joke and the secondary is well below average. That's the fault of those who evaluate talent. And when the team does come up with good young players, it can't or won't keep them. The philosophy has always been to go with flashy, expensive free agents who aren't worth the money, and the draft -- which is the way most Super Bowl champions are built -- doesn't get nearly enough emphasis.

The new coach, Adam Gase, is one of the brightest young coaching prospects in the NFL, but I'm not sure he's good enough to win with this roster -- or with the current management team. I do put Ross one level above the Marlins' owner -- Ross is a decent guy; Loria is a madman. Ross just doesn't hire the right people or know how to build a winner. And it's too bad. Just look at the crowds at a typical Dolphins game -- 20,000 to 25,000 empty seats, and about half of those who show up are fans of the opponent if it's a team from up north. No wonder the Dolphins have so much trouble winning at home.

Old 04-11-2016, 11:39 AM

7 posts, read 6,553 times
In a state of decay.. lol
JK hoping for a bounce back soon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area