Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 06:10 AM

6 posts, read 5,257 times

Advertisements

I will be relocating for work soon and not much time to research. Work will be around Hollywood, I dont mind a small commute just want to make sure I pick a relatively safe area to live. Places I have looked at, Coral Springs, Plantation, Miramar, Pompano Beach, Hollywood...I've seen positive things about Plantation but how about these other areas? or any advice on other areas I may have missed, anything by the beach? Any info is much appreciated, thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2016, 06:11 AM

3,237 posts, read 3,196,331 times
Budget?

Old 05-05-2016, 06:33 AM

2,805 posts, read 3,254,506 times
It depends on where in Hollywood you would be working, if near I95 then north, possibly east or west, so Davie and Plantation might be a fairly easy commute depending on times of travel. IMHO Coral Springs would take too long, Pembroke Pines or west Hollywood might fit the bill if you will be working in the West Hollywood area, so where you will work and the price you are willing to spend and what size place you expect to get for it, would help others to help you...

Old 05-05-2016, 07:48 AM

191 posts, read 317,801 times
Also - family size, and size of the place you need would be helpful....

There are places that would be great for a single person, that would be a bad fit for someone with kids etc.

Old 05-05-2016, 08:03 AM

2,747 posts, read 2,634,171 times
There is nice places in Hollywood and every other city in Broward. So we can't really tell you which area is right for you. Broward, in general, is plenty safe and nice.

Maybe let us know your budget. Single? Children? And most importantly, budget?

Old 05-05-2016, 08:52 AM

Thanks for such quick replies! Sorry, i forgot some kwy points. Im single, just me. I would like a 2 bedroom for when my parents come to visit but I will be fine with a 1 bedroom. I would like to stay under 1300 if possible.

Old 05-05-2016, 03:14 PM

2,805 posts, read 3,254,506 times
You can find some in Pembroke Pines, which is west of Hollywood for that price in some of the condo complexes such as Hollybrook as an example, very convenient location. Apartments for Rent in 33025 - realtor.com®
Also in Davie
Apartments for Rent in 33328 - realtor.com®
Also in Plantation
Apartments for Rent in 33324 - realtor.com®

I personally would stay away from a good part of Miramar in that price range although there are some very nice areas out west.

Old 05-05-2016, 05:45 PM

Thank you. I appreiate all of the advice

Old 05-08-2016, 06:17 AM

3,910 posts, read 9,471,842 times
Rule out Coral Springs. It is too far away and you'd spend close to 1 hour commuting each direction. You want to minimize your commute. I would also rule out Miramar. It is too far west from the beaches and a lot of crime in that area.

Davie, Plantation, and Sunrise have affordable apartments and are fairly safe areas. From those cities, you can commute east on 595, then south on 95 to Hollywood. The beach areas are usually very expensive. Rents are typically above and beyond your budget. If you want to live close to the beach, but not right on the beach, look in eastern Pompano, eastern Fort Lauderdale, and eastern Deerfield Beach along the US1 corridor on the mainland. There are lots of private condos and some apartment complexes along that route.

I would also suggest finding a good realtor. They are free to the renter. They will help you find a place and negotiate the price for you.

Old 05-18-2016, 07:21 AM

112 posts, read 124,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnh344 View Post
Thanks for such quick replies! Sorry, i forgot some kwy points. Im single, just me. I would like a 2 bedroom for when my parents come to visit but I will be fine with a 1 bedroom. I would like to stay under 1300 if possible.
Plantation is good.

I don't think is a bad commute.

I think Plantation is a good as it gets in Broward county.

You could also try Coral Springs, but the commute is longer.

Weston might work, but its pricier and wayyyy west.

The Hollywood area is tricky, good places become bad places in a short drive and they're just down the road of each other

Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area