Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2016, 07:21 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,826,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeZoo View Post
It looks like it will be a gated community so that helps a little. It is pretty close to Coconut Creek, a nice little bedroom community and Palm Aire, a mostly upscale retirement community, but you will not mistake this place for Bay Colony. Just a few blocks to the east is Popeye's Chicken and the Cheetah strip club. I like Popeyes chicken and have nothing against naked women, been to both many times, but it gives you an idea of the neighborhood.

If you come from the east some of the neighborhoods are pretty sketchy, if you approach from the west it is pretty nice.
How does this Cheetah stack up against the one in Hallandale?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2016, 09:24 PM

311 posts, read 450,870 times
I have never been to the one in Hallandale. If you had asked me about the Pompano Cheetah 30 years ago, I could have given you a more informed response. Now, not so much.

Old 06-19-2016, 09:16 AM

5,020 posts, read 7,447,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nw2florida View Post
Since this is a different address, does this make it any more safe/unsafe than the wrong address?

From my understanding, they wouldn't make this type of apartment in low-income neighborhoods. Also just going down atlantic ave on google earth, it seems pretty safe. Shops/plazas etc.

What are you guys recommendation?
After looking at the website it seems the place hasn't been built yet.
If it is off Atlantic near the turnpike, depending on where you'll be working, the commute would be more challenging.

And it's not unheard of for a nice/new development to be built in an undesirable neighborhood.
Personally I wouldn't live in either area.

What area of Deerfield will you be working?

Last edited by cfbs2691; 06-19-2016 at 09:19 AM.. Reason: Add

Old 06-19-2016, 10:19 PM

5 posts, read 29,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
After looking at the website it seems the place hasn't been built yet.
If it is off Atlantic near the turnpike, depending on where you'll be working, the commute would be more challenging.

And it's not unheard of for a nice/new development to be built in an undesirable neighborhood.
Personally I wouldn't live in either area.

What area of Deerfield will you be working?
I'm gonna be working near South Military Trail and SW 10th St.

Any recommendations on other areas to consider?

Old 06-20-2016, 05:13 AM

5,020 posts, read 7,447,199 times
Lakes at Deerfield is at 10th and Military.
Coworker lives there and likes it.

Or try to find a loft in Deer Creek.
It'd be renting from a private owner, just down the street.
Check out Deer Creek Real Estate | South Florida Real EstateDeer Creek Real Estate | Deer Creek and Beyond

Old 06-20-2016, 02:53 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,469,080 times
It appears this place is vacant land in the Palm Aire subsection. Most of Palm Aire is located south of Atlantic Blvd, but this particular property is on the north side. Palm Aire itself is a pretty nice subsection, but everything around it is ghetto.

You get what you pay for in South FL. $1200 per month is about as good as it gets for a brand new apt in a mixed area. To live in a nicer area just means the price tag goes up accordingly.

Deerfield Beach overall is a notch or two nicer than Pompano, but still has sketchy areas. The areas west of 95 in Deerfield near where you will be working area decent. If you look on the Hillsboro Blvd corridor, there is a decent/nice apt and townhome subsection called Deer Creek. The further south you go in Deerfield towards Pompano, the sketchier it gets.

Old 06-23-2016, 05:50 PM

110 posts, read 110,168 times
Judging by what you have said, you are going to be living by yourself. If it was me, I would heavily consider Boca. The area is generally better. There are units that are available for under your $1,200 cap, most of them are owned by private owners and not leasing companies as those are far and few between in Boca.

Old 06-26-2016, 10:59 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,293,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
Why not Boca? There is some decent and safe communities all over within your budget - in much better surroundings.
Boca would be a better option but it is more expensive as well.

Old 06-29-2016, 06:42 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,469,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Boca would be a better option but it is more expensive as well.
You can find apartments in Boca for under $1200. The op could also look in Deerfield and Coconut Creek. Those areas would be better for the most part.

Old 08-26-2016, 06:41 PM

7 posts, read 7,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
The Brand New Luxury Apartments | Pompano Beach FL | Luzano website doesn't show any real pictures, just drawings.

And the drawings look way too upscale for that area. I don't know how something like this could fit in there.
The Luzano is brand new due to open sept 6th. My sister viewed the outside this week cant go inside yet because their Waitong on their certificate of occupancy very nice place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area