Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2016, 02:55 PM

781 posts, read 736,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
Have you ever notice the resemblance of the state of the shape to the ball inserter on a pinball machine?
Looks like the appendix when you think about it, the useless organ. I'm sure that's just a coincidence.....

Old 07-24-2016, 09:38 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,916,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailSymbolizes View Post
Looks like the appendix when you think about it, the useless organ. I'm sure that's just a coincidence.....

Hahaha.

Old 07-27-2016, 01:40 PM

134 posts, read 190,924 times
The rudest, meanest, nastiest people on the road, in public, and in service industries I have ever met. But, the natives are rude too. I have had the most trouble with BMW drivers from up North.

Old 07-28-2016, 12:56 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,363,340 times
It makes me chuckle when I see Floridians attempt to blame the absolute rude nature of society there on Northerners, specifically New Yorkers. Funny thing is, living here you don't get this rudeness that you do in Florida. Not saying everyone in NYC is a saint. We have our share of jerks, but the overall society here is no where near as rude and hostile as South Florida is.

Old 07-28-2016, 01:08 PM

16,904 posts, read 16,123,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
It makes me chuckle when I see Floridians attempt to blame the absolute rude nature of society there on Northerners, specifically New Yorkers. Funny thing is, living here you don't get this rudeness that you do in Florida. Not saying everyone in NYC is a saint. We have our share of jerks, but the overall society here is no where near as rude and hostile as South Florida is.
Such a very non-specific post, poorly written and makes no sense. Lack of education.

Old 07-28-2016, 01:17 PM

5,190 posts, read 5,334,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelongranger View Post
What is really surprise me is how these American citizens are lack of the language and by the way a inner desire of into breaking the rules. Really I'm so ignorant because I don't know about how Puerto Ricans becamen "American citizen". In fact, Puerto Rico has never been independent. They have been part of a developed nation such as Spaint, they actually are halftime Spanish citizen. This is kind of funny before 1917 they were somewhere else land.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
Eh, I don't feel New Yorkers are rude in general. They may be hasty, direct, non-nonsense. I find that kind of refreshing. I've spent time in NYC and other parts of the state (lived upstate on the Hudson for a couple of years) and I never once had a person from the state or NYC tell me to get bent or shove me out of the way when I asked a question. Often in NYC in particular the people just seem to be in a hurry to get where they are going.

Old 07-28-2016, 01:26 PM

383 posts, read 343,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangolufsen View Post
The rudest, meanest, nastiest people on the road, in public, and in service industries I have ever met. But, the natives are rude too. I have had the most trouble with BMW drivers from up North.
I`m gonna uncover the secret to you - BWM drivers are rude and mad everywhere except Germany itself (because BMW is the ordinary car in there) People in different countries hate BMW drivers, so do i! I used to think in USA this issue is not so keenly..
Damned, guys! don`t spoil my trip =) i`m flying next month to FL and will be there for a long time. I tired of rude and stupid people of my own country. I wach every day the rude, road rage. I feel sick of it. I hoped i would not come across the same people generally in USA and personally in FL.
BTW - what about Cali? are there more polite and people who respect the laws?

Old 07-28-2016, 01:37 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,363,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

Such a very non-specific post, poorly written and makes no sense. Lack of education.
you are a Floridian, born and raised, am I right?

Old 07-28-2016, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post

Eh, I don't feel New Yorkers are rude in general. They may be hasty, direct, non-nonsense. I find that kind of refreshing. I've spent time in NYC and other parts of the state (lived upstate on the Hudson for a couple of years) and I never once had a person from the state or NYC tell me to get bent or shove me out of the way when I asked a question. Often in NYC in particular the people just seem to be in a hurry to get where they are going.
No.......they are rude, mean, selfish, arrogant, self centered, egotistical and in your face in most cases. Hardly refreshing.

Old 07-28-2016, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsik View Post
I`m gonna uncover the secret to you - BWM drivers are rude and mad everywhere except Germany itself (because BMW is the ordinary car in there) People in different countries hate BMW drivers, so do i! I used to think in USA this issue is not so keenly..
Damned, guys! don`t spoil my trip =) i`m flying next month to FL and will be there for a long time. I tired of rude and stupid people of my own country. I wach every day the rude, road rage. I feel sick of it. I hoped i would not come across the same people generally in USA and personally in FL.
BMW drivers like to tailgate, especially in the right lane and do not believe the speed limit or aggressive driving laws apply to them. They feel that they own the road. Many are very sorry when they get a brake check from a car or truck in front of them. They get to reshape their cars into an accordion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area