Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 10:48 PM

2,033 posts, read 3,207,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
I posted in a wrong thread, but the one I was thinking about is already on Page 6 and FloridaBeachBum is going in circles.
Beachbum is really going in circles. True...troll like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2016, 04:25 AM

515 posts, read 624,224 times
Quote:
Nope. There are plenty of North Easterners in Weston.
Miami has a lot of non-hispanic people as well if they all show up to the same place and at the same time but that is not the typical day-to-day experience. Weston feels different than Parkland and Dade feels different than Broward, etc... People can make some generalizations to others who are thinking about these places because the differences are instantly recognizable.

Old 09-30-2016, 08:48 AM

191 posts, read 317,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
Are you being serious?

You sliced off 3/4 of my comment.... Lol.

You literally took the last bit of it and pretended the first part didn't exist. I mean, you are joking and trolling, right?
The first 3/4 of your comment didn't support anything other than private schools get to pick and choose their students, which is an obvious point that doesn't even need to be made.

It lends zero evidence that private schools are "churning" out better students for any reason other than the ability to select the better students to begin with.

You can feel free to spend whatever you want on your kid's education, but if they aren't a Harvard kid going in, they aren't going to be a Harvard kid coming out.

Old 09-30-2016, 05:09 PM

240 posts, read 262,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loribell38 View Post
Beachbum is really going in circles. True...troll like.
No. Beachbum is actually very spot on with his comments. He/she is not *PC and tells the truth even if it's not so nice. How sad we can't just tell the truth anymore, afraid we might offend someone? Sometimes I think we have become such a sensitive society like we are all little spoiled babies. Weston is a decent place to live in South Florida. The wide, safe bike lanes alone are great but Parkland is step up over Weston and Jupiter is a step up over both.

*Politically correct

Old 09-30-2016, 05:41 PM

2,747 posts, read 2,633,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Barbosa View Post
No. Beachbum is actually very spot on with his comments. He/she is not *PC and tells the truth even if it's not so nice. How sad we can't just tell the truth anymore, afraid we might offend someone? Sometimes I think we have become such a sensitive society like we are all little spoiled babies. Weston is a decent place to live in South Florida. The wide, safe bike lanes alone are great but Parkland is step up over Weston and Jupiter is a step up over both.

*Politically correct

Your obsession with seeing everything in "PC" terms is rather comical. There is nothing PC about being ACCURATE. I'm the least PC person you would probably ever meet, this discussion has nothing to do with PC. Kind of like how some call everything "racist" - that's you with "PC" - it's funny.

Old 09-30-2016, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Your obsession with seeing everything in "PC" terms is rather comical. There is nothing PC about being ACCURATE. I'm the least PC person you would probably ever meet, this discussion has nothing to do with PC. Kind of like how some call everything "racist" - that's you with "PC" - it's funny.
*PC is dancing around the truth or being afraid to say or write the truth. We have become a society where people are afraid to call a spade a spade if you will. This thread is about Weston, and I've added my two cents worth, however I have noticed some of us comment in a way that is not ACCURATE including you BNBR. We all deserve honesty not matter how bad it may feel or be so let us stop being PC and discuss the truth about Weston and all of South Florida please. Thank you all and have a wonderful weekend!

*Politically correct

Old 09-30-2016, 07:24 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,827,848 times
Quote:

*Politically correct
Beachbum hasn't even lived in South Florida and is telling us all what it is like to live in South Florida.

Old 09-30-2016, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Beachbum hasn't even lived in South Florida and is telling us all what it is like to live in South Florida.
Alright -- then his advice and comments are to be avoided.

Old 10-01-2016, 08:26 PM

2,747 posts, read 2,633,582 times
Quote:
*PC is dancing around the truth or being afraid to say or write the truth. We have become a society where people are afraid to call a spade a spade if you will. This thread is about Weston, and I've added my two cents worth, however I have noticed some of us comment in a way that is not ACCURATE including you BNBR. We all deserve honesty not matter how bad it may feel or be so let us stop being PC and discuss the truth about Weston and all of South Florida please. Thank you all and have a wonderful weekend!

*Politically correct

Your "truth" about South Florida is simply "I hate South Florida so I troll a silly message forum and tell everyone I can about how much I hate South Florida, regardless of accuracy".... You are bashing an area that is regularly ranked in the top 10 in the entire nation.... who do you think you are convincing? What "solution" are you offering?

Seriously man, you are pathetic. What is your goal?

Old 10-01-2016, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Your "truth" about South Florida is simply "I hate South Florida so I troll a silly message forum and tell everyone I can about how much I hate South Florida, regardless of accuracy".... You are bashing an area that is regularly ranked in the top 10 in the entire nation.... who do you think you are convincing? What "solution" are you offering? Seriously man, you are pathetic. What is your goal?
My fellow neighbor, I try and take the high road as my wealthy Grandfather told me and I never stated I "hated South Florida" so stop trying to defame me my neighbor and friend. I offer two sides to a place, the best way to advise and a unique view point where as some may view Miami is a perfect paradise and I might disagree. I was lucky to be raised on a monster sized Ranch in New Mexico so my perspective is unique and I hope to help or guide other naive and gullible victims if you will-helping them so they see what the majority does not.

I can't tell which direction I'm heading to, is it me or my past?
Five steps forward and nine steps back ....
Am I going forwards or backwards or simply fooling myself?
Backing down .... Giving up or maybe go backwards ....
Back to the beginning when it all began, back when everything made sense, when I was young.
But did it even matter because I was so dumb or was I just a boy with no sense?
Before we move, we must see where we came from.
Where we came from makes us who we are.
Home is where the heart is, we always want to go back home ..........
Home will never be home.

Grandfather Barbosa 1978 (Rest in Peace)

Have a fabulous weekend BNBR!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area