Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 12:58 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,823,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by baker111 View Post
Thanks everyone, we are about a month out and have some time in corporate housing, but it looks like we are in the right area.

We'll just keep looking and see what happens. I'm thinking we might downsize a bit and look at some two bedroom, two bathroom places and townhomes with decent sized yards.

In the mean time, what bars/restaurants should we check out right away?
Kelly's Landing - excellent New England seafood
Cafe Vico - excellent Italian
Casa D'Angelo - another excellent Italian
Louie Bossi's - another excellent Italian with nice scenery
Kaluz - excellent modern American with great scenery
Aruba on the Beach - good food, good vibes, great beach views
Tom Jenkins BBQ - real good BBQ
Smoke Fort Lauderdale - another really good BBQ
Thai Spice - consistently good Thai food
J Alexander's - always good food
Funky Buddha - brewery with a large variety of beers brewed on premises, and good burgers, sausages, pulled pork sandwiches, etc.
Jet Runway Cafe - good scenery, on the Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport's airfield, very good food too, similar to Kaluz
Grille 401
YOLO
Tap42
The Foxy Brown
Bull Market
American Social
Big City Tavern
Rocco's Tacos

That will get you started I got more, if you want me to continue
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2017, 12:01 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,353,654 times
ahhh Roccos...how I love thee...

I lived in Downtown West Palm for half a year and loved walking to Roccos...wish they'd bring one to Miami!

Old 03-07-2017, 05:39 PM

2,747 posts, read 2,631,226 times
Jet Runway Cafe is great - been there a ton of times. Used to fly out of FXE. Guess it depends on where you are specifically, but a new place in Plantation near my office, Craft On 14, is super good, too.

Old 03-12-2017, 04:22 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,096,073 times
Louie Bossi (make reservations)
S3
Steak 954
Taco Craft
Market 17
Hardy Park Bistro
Roccos Tacos

It's a shame you can't find anything in Victoria Park. It's one of the best neighborhoods in Fort Lauderdale. Massive yards, very big sense of community, public Montissori school, gay, straight, singles, families, young professionals, retirees, black, white, orange, just everything.
Poinsettia Heights is a smaller, less expensive version of Victoria Park between Sunrise and Wilton Manors. I would also look there.

Rio Vista is really nice but may be outside your budget.

Old 03-20-2017, 04:22 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,466,972 times
Rocco's Taco's is good, and convenient for going out, but there are better places for good, authentic Mexican food around here. I will say their chips and guac are superb.

One little hidden gem I love in Fort Lauderdale is Dough Buys Pizza located off SE 17th Street. Its a little hole in the wall joint with a huge menu. Excellent Calzones and garlic bread.

For upscale Italian, Anthony's Runway 84 is great. It is very expensive though.

YOLO and Tap 42 are also very good.

Old 04-12-2017, 02:14 PM

21 posts, read 21,827 times
There are some nice ones in that range in Las Olas, Wilton Manors, and Downtown Fort Lauderdale.

Old 04-15-2017, 07:43 PM

3 posts, read 2,476 times
Thanks Everyone,

We've done some exploring and been able to get to Louie Bossi's, American Social, and The Foxy Brown. We're Checking out YOLO for brunch tomorrow. Everything has been great so far, we really liked The Foxy Brown and Louie Bossi's.

We put in an application for a place in Rio Vista, hopefully everything goes through and we can settle in and explore more areas!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area