Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2017, 08:32 AM

1,049 posts, read 960,731 times

Advertisements

How is this neighborhood? I drove by it the other day looking at homes and looks pretty nice and the location is solid relative to downtown FLL and Hollywood. Was never too familiar with it since I rarely venture too far north of Hollywood.

I like western Broward neigbhborhoods but my GF wants to be east, so I started looking at neighborhoods East of 95 near Hollywood and FLL that weren't in the ghetto.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2017, 02:24 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,470,837 times
A bit mixed but improving. I know some friends who live there and they like it. The advantages are you are spitting distance from downtown and the beach. The real estate is worth a lot. Big developers will probably want to buy up that land to build luxury condos as downtown expands. The downside is you get smaller, older houses for higher prices than what you can get out west, and the public schools are not well regarded there. There are some properties where they redeveloped with new houses. Fort Lauderdale also has a homeless problem and it is not uncommon to see vagrants wandering around the area.

Old 07-21-2017, 09:57 PM

1,049 posts, read 960,731 times
Interesting, thanks for the input. Yeah, I noticed the biggest draw was the location, seems very central and probably accounts for the higher home prices. And you're absolutely right about the sizes, the homes I saw were nice but pretty small compared to the newer, bigger homes out west. Lot sizes are decent but the homes themselves are pretty small.

I might shoot for a deal if I can find one there because if I have to be East I might as well be somewhere that will appreciate quicker over time, and I still need to be near the Hollywood area for work.

Old 07-22-2017, 07:44 AM

3,237 posts, read 3,194,578 times
I know someone who has lived out there for decades. Loves it. Your assessment is correct. Nice eastern location but although the lots are large, the houses are small. Her house was nicely done, but I don't think it was 1500 square feet.

She is an older, active single woman who routinely jogs the neighborhood--but not alone--her dog joins her.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area