Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 11:46 AM

142 posts, read 131,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
Or wait till 7 pm before you leave. Seriously. You won't beat that traffic at 4:45 pm.
Okay you guys lol. I've been in both areas, and plotted into Maps the times. Literally every single day I do at at multiple times, to and from.

This is like the stupid forum banter I got before I moved here about how my current commute was going to be an hour and I said over and over again it was 38 minutes (which it is - and even less off-season). The drive to the potential new office is 49 minutes when I leave in the morning. Leaving at or after 5pm adds about 6 minutes to that, and if I leave around 4:40 the time is consistently back to 49 minutes.

Like I'm done arguing this lol. So stupid. I have the start and end point addresses. You do not.

Sheesh. Anywayyyyyy. Looks like Ft Lauderdale doesn't quite offer anything like Miami Beach and def nowhere near the price range for what I currently have, so I am going to stay put.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2018, 12:14 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,096,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestBlondie View Post
I'm probably going to stay where I am and just deal with the mileage, until someday when I'm completely settled and know where I want to be for good. I've been putting both addresses in my phone every morning when I leave. I get 38 minutes to Hialeah and 49 minutes to the address I'm going to in Sunrise. Whatever, 11 more minutes - it's more so the extra 18 miles on my car that's going to suck. The bigger issue seems to be when I want to leave, as at 5:30 it's popping up as 55 minutes to get home. So I'm just going to let my boss know that I will be leaving a Sunrise office at 4:45 to beat traffic, non-negotiable. And my commute will now be 11 minutes longer. 11 minutes probably isn't worth the hassle of moving.
4:45 isn't going to beat any traffic.

Old 02-01-2018, 12:20 PM

142 posts, read 131,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
4:45 isn't going to beat any traffic.
Lol. I'm done. Thank you for the non-help of the original posting. Though Point of Americas looks decent, but yes, overpriced, and not as updated as my place.

Old 02-01-2018, 01:32 PM

306 posts, read 327,903 times
I'm hoping the traffic down there is a little better than here in Atlanta, cause it's insane here lol!

Old 02-01-2018, 06:37 PM

443 posts, read 895,311 times
Quote:
Okay you guys lol. I've been in both areas, and plotted into Maps the times. Literally every single day I do at at multiple times, to and from.

This is like the stupid forum banter I got before I moved here about how my current commute was going to be an hour and I said over and over again it was 38 minutes (which it is - and even less off-season). The drive to the potential new office is 49 minutes when I leave in the morning. Leaving at or after 5pm adds about 6 minutes to that, and if I leave around 4:40 the time is consistently back to 49 minutes.

Like I'm done arguing this lol. So stupid. I have the start and end point addresses. You do not.

Sheesh. Anywayyyyyy. Looks like Ft Lauderdale doesn't quite offer anything like Miami Beach and def nowhere near the price range for what I currently have, so I am going to stay put.
You can put all the info you want into your map app but those of us who have actually lived here for any length of time know the reality of travel on south Florida highways. There's no way in hell that you can get from Bal Harbour to Sunrise between 7-9 AM and 4-7 PM in under an hour unless it's a Sunday. So good luck with that.

Old 02-01-2018, 07:01 PM

835 posts, read 474,708 times
Have to point out that $1,850 for a studio isn’t really a steal, even with all those perks — also note that there are no truly “private” beaches anywhere in Florida — the law makes having a truly private beach impossible (you are allowed to walk along the shore and swim in the water.)

I’m not trying to be rude when I say this, but we are all locals who have lived here 15-30 years. We know much more than Google Maps / Waze does. You seem to think anything that doesn’t sound good to you is automatically wrong and “banter.”

Last edited by StarryKnight1; 02-01-2018 at 07:14 PM..

Old 02-01-2018, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsZ71 View Post
I'm hoping the traffic down there is a little better than here in Atlanta, cause it's insane here lol!
It’s worse. Much, much worse.

Old 02-01-2018, 07:03 PM

468 posts, read 355,850 times
Quote:
But there is something about literally being able to roll out of bed and be on the beach without even putting shoes on. (Yes I am right on the beach, with an oceanfront view to my right and an intercoastal view to my left).
I really like where I am, it's homey.
You LOVE where you are now, it's homey and you can literally roll out of bed and be on the beach.....and all for under $2k....you are living everyday in a place most others can only dream about.....so I would strongly suggest to stay put and scope out places once the company moves its office but reading your words I feel you would regret greatly leaving the crib you now have.....absolutely paradise ...Best of everything to you ...

Last edited by NY 915; 02-01-2018 at 07:15 PM..

Old 02-01-2018, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Lol. I'm done. Thank you for the non-help of the original posting. Though Point of Americas looks decent, but yes, overpriced, and not as updated as my place.
You’re leaving at 4:45 which is just past the beginning of rush hour. You’re not making it under an hour. Sorry. It’s just the way it Is. If you go back to the thread when you were moving here you were repeatedly warned about the traffic here and decided to plunge in anyway. You either deal with the traffic, or move, because the traffic in South Florida is terrible and won’t ever get any better.

Old 02-01-2018, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Long Island Tom View Post
You LOVE where you are now, it's homey and you can literally roll out of bed and be on the beach.....and all for under $2k....you are living everyday in a place most others can only dream about.....so I would strongly suggest to stay put and scope out places once the company moves its office but reading your words I feel you would regret greatly leaving the crib you now have.....absolutely paradise ...Best of everything to you ...I'd drive hours to come home to the ocean !
$2k for a studio on the beach is not a steal, even with all the perks. That is actually on the upper end of the price range not the lower one. Now $2k for a 1 or 2 bedroom might be a steal but definitely not a studio.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area