Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2018, 03:34 PM

50 posts, read 84,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
I have a friend who lives at Elan 16Forty and likes it a lot. The place backs up to Victoria Park, which is quite nice. Although the stretch of Sunrise Blvd on which Elan 16Forty sits is not the prettiest, and there is always traffic there.

Personally I would choose the Edge or the Manor over Elan... I actually have recently moved to ORA, a couple blocks away from the Manor, and I like it a lot at ORA.

Solmar... I could never put my finger on it. Probably not my cup of tea. Seems like an OK building, but not as nice as the Manor next to it.

Thanks so much for your reply. I am currently in Atlanta and flew in and regret not visiting the Ora. It looks more expensive than the Edge/Manor but they are running a 1 month special and I do not think the other two are. Ironically, my current management company in Atlanta is the same as Ora(Fairfield) so that might help with getting them to waive administrative fee and possibly my current building would not hold me to full 30 day notice if I am moving to another Fairfield property. (currently m2m). Some negative reviews though talking about noise and thin walls.

My concern on the Edge which might be true of the others is that guest parking boot/situation. The leasing agent said that there is a security guard who can provide passes after hours but I am not sure how easy that it is or if its a pain in the a. Also , I noticed someone moving and having to burn time with their movers because they had to wait for an available leasing agent to sign in their movers or something and the leasing agent was focusing on the new tenant prospects while the poor new tenant was getting billed by the hour for her movers. One thing I like about Edge though is there 1br/den layout. Its basically a 2 br without a window and a few hundred cheaper. I would be using it for an office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2018, 01:42 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,823,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsnyc View Post
Thanks so much for your reply. I am currently in Atlanta and flew in and regret not visiting the Ora. It looks more expensive than the Edge/Manor but they are running a 1 month special and I do not think the other two are. Ironically, my current management company in Atlanta is the same as Ora(Fairfield) so that might help with getting them to waive administrative fee and possibly my current building would not hold me to full 30 day notice if I am moving to another Fairfield property. (currently m2m). Some negative reviews though talking about noise and thin walls.

My concern on the Edge which might be true of the others is that guest parking boot/situation. The leasing agent said that there is a security guard who can provide passes after hours but I am not sure how easy that it is or if its a pain in the a. Also , I noticed someone moving and having to burn time with their movers because they had to wait for an available leasing agent to sign in their movers or something and the leasing agent was focusing on the new tenant prospects while the poor new tenant was getting billed by the hour for her movers. One thing I like about Edge though is there 1br/den layout. Its basically a 2 br without a window and a few hundred cheaper. I would be using it for an office.
ORA actually did a 2-month special back when I rented my unit... Although I thought it was on 2-bedroom units.

Thin walls? You see this complaint about many apartment complexes as well as condo buildings.

I am not particularly hearing noise, my windows are facing the pool. Sometimes people get louder at the pool, but the security closes things down at 11pm, when all the pool entrances get locked.

Old 09-21-2018, 10:58 AM

21 posts, read 33,203 times
I don't mean to hijack this post, just curious what the average age of residents in these Flagler Village buildings are? I am looking to move into one of these buildings, perhaps one of the new high rises going up in the next few months. I have had drinks at Brass Tap and Mellow Mushroom plenty of times and was under the impression that they were mostly recent college grad age?

Old 09-21-2018, 05:50 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,823,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amtornberg View Post
I don't mean to hijack this post, just curious what the average age of residents in these Flagler Village buildings are? I am looking to move into one of these buildings, perhaps one of the new high rises going up in the next few months. I have had drinks at Brass Tap and Mellow Mushroom plenty of times and was under the impression that they were mostly recent college grad age?
Well, a lot of recent college grads who happen to live at The Manor, The Edge, AMLI, and Solmar tend to like to hang out at Brass Tap.

That being said, The Edge and The Manor, and AMLI have more adult residents, but it seems like Solmar has more recent college grads.

Also the public you see at Brass Tap is not all from the nearby buildings. A lot of young people come here from all over Broward. I used to live on a second floor at the Manor, facing Brass Tap, and it was fun to watch all the Uber drop offs and pick ups.

Not to mention that the first one and the half levels in the Manor's parking garage is not for the residents, but for the retail visitors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area