Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 04:01 PM

66 posts, read 374,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
*update*

I know where Franklin park is now. I go there to pray (there is a mosque there). DO NOT move over there. This guys suggestion privileges should be revoked. Both Sailboat Bend and Franklin Park have projects in them, Franklin has I think two projects and Sailboat Bend has one. Sailboat bend has a rehab house where ex drugies go and get "better". Who would want to live around that? Melrose park is good, working class, honest people. Just be careful on the davie road side. Victoria Park upper scale, nice. Melrose working middle class. Sailboat bend + Franklin Park = hell to the naw!

sailboat bend is decent if you ask me.. franklin park is 50/50, i was talking about the part closer to st. george..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2008, 06:52 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,301,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by browardboi954 View Post

sailboat bend is decent if you ask me.. franklin park is 50/50, i was talking about the part closer to st. george..
Do you mean parkway? St George the church? If so that is in Parkway not Franklin park. As far as being decent, I guess that depends on what you call decent. I don't call government housing project, prostitution, halfway houses and the like decent, but thats just me.

Old 05-03-2008, 07:45 PM

66 posts, read 374,167 times
lol no comment

Old 02-12-2009, 12:33 PM

46 posts, read 179,751 times
I lived in Melrose Park. The true boundaries are 441 (St Rd 7) to the west, Jackson Blvd (both sides) to the south, 31st Ave (ML King Blvd) to the east, and Broward Blvd to the north. I am originally from Ft Lauderdale, but now live in Massachusetts. Friends in the area told me that more middle-class started moving in as prices further east got out of control. At the peak, houses in Melrose were selling for about $250,000, and a more diverse group of people were moving in to the area - a mixture of middle class non-Hispanic whites, Latinos, and African Americans, in addition to the West Indian population. After the real estate bubble burst, houses became available from around $125,00 to $150,000, depending on age and size. Also the in the central, western and southern portions of the neighborhood, prices are a bit higher. I'm thinking of moving back. I'm a single white male, age 45. Does anyone know if this would be wise? I have and always will have a soft spot in my heart for Melrose, as that is were I grew up.

Old 02-12-2009, 12:39 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,301,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by east215 View Post
I lived in Melrose Park. The true boundaries are 441 (St Rd 7) to the west, Jackson Blvd (both sides) to the south, 31st Ave (ML King Blvd) to the east, and Broward Blvd to the north. I am originally from Ft Lauderdale, but now live in Massachusetts. Friends in the area told me that more middle-class started moving in as prices further east got out of control. At the peak, houses in Melrose were selling for about $250,000, and a more diverse group of people were moving in to the area - a mixture of middle class non-Hispanic whites, Latinos, and African Americans, in addition to the West Indian population. After the real estate bubble burst, houses became available from around $125,00 to $150,000, depending on age and size. Also the in the central, western and southern portions of the neighborhood, prices are a bit higher. I'm thinking of moving back. I'm a single white male, age 45. Does anyone know if this would be wise? I have and always will have a soft spot in my heart for Melrose, as that is were I grew up.
If you don't mind living among West Indians (Caribbean) folk then yeah move to melrose. Its nice over there, had a good friend over there. Spent tons of time over there, never had any problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area