Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2020, 12:42 PM

5,509 posts, read 7,101,159 times

Advertisements

This is counter to the other thread about the positives about living in South Florida.

For those who are considering relocating I am sure they want to hear the good, the bad and the ugly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2020, 12:53 PM

9,356 posts, read 14,296,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
This is counter to the other thread about the positives about living in South Florida.

For those who are considering relocating I am sure they want to hear the good, the bad and the ugly.
Southern Florida does not have the level or depth of cultural amenities as London, Milan, Rome, Paris, New York, a few others, all live and within walking distance from home.

I suppose there are less expensive places to live, but at that point the cultural amenities would be even fewer and farther in between.

Other than that, no complaints really.

(Whining and complaining ... whining and complaining ... whining and complaining ... humans are experts at that the world over.)

And with instant telecommunications of audio and video, one can bring entire libraries and research archives and museums and concerts and films and old television shows and so on and on and on onto one's own computer screen on demand at home.

Is that close enough?

Show me that I'm everywhere, and get me home for tea.

Last edited by bale002; 11-02-2020 at 01:15 PM..

Old 11-02-2020, 04:55 PM

2,747 posts, read 2,630,765 times
Not a damn thing, as long as you have money. And even then, people with mediocre incomes can still live an amazing life.

Old 11-04-2020, 07:33 AM

21 posts, read 20,390 times
Southern Florida is a beautiful area. Not every place is perfect, though. Negatives? For me it’s crime and terrible drivers.

Old 11-04-2020, 12:23 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,094,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanFloridaGirl View Post
Southern Florida is a beautiful area. Not every place is perfect, though. Negatives? For me it’s crime and terrible drivers.
\\

It's South Florida not Southern Florida.

Honestly, when my husband and I used to vaycay, we'd always pick somewhere sunny and islandy.

Now, because South Florida is always sunny with palm trees, we vacation in the cold and rain.

For me, it's a thing.

I agree with the crime thing.

Old 11-09-2020, 05:52 PM

835 posts, read 474,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
Not a damn thing, as long as you have money
I don’t think any poster asked to be lied to. Now you can puff up South Florida all you want, but lying that there are absolutely no caveats in South Florida is another thing entirely.

Old 11-09-2020, 06:20 PM

9,520 posts, read 16,501,246 times
Same as the rest of the state its far to expensive to live, considering the ridiculously low wages. The impact of that is so much worse in S. Florida. Combine that with out of control growth, and the rest is obvious. Problems and more problems. It's just people don't bother to consider that. It is not all life under a Palm Tree, with Lollipops growing from its branches in Florida. In S. Florida the outrageous cost of Living and low wages, the overcrowded conditions and the really really rude people and traffic. That pretty much says it all. Unless one has big bucks and a buffer to some of the problems listed. Then I don't get it. Why the hell do people bother going there.

Old 11-11-2020, 09:46 AM

139 posts, read 313,915 times
I lived in South Florida for a few years. There are lots of things to love, but more things to hate/dislike (plenty mentioned in this forum and they are NOT exaggerations!), which is why I left. Will always have love for SoFlo, so now just visiting suffices for me.

Old 11-11-2020, 05:15 PM

72 posts, read 65,949 times
Well, I think we can add flooding to the list

Old 11-11-2020, 06:45 PM

835 posts, read 474,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
It is not all life under a Palm Tree, with Lollipops growing from its branches in Florida.
According to a poster on this thread, and many others, South Florida is a utopia with not a problem in sight.

I know this poster has me on ignore, but I couldn’t care less. People should expect and deserve better than to be lied to by saying things like there are no problems or negatives of living here. Where you go, there you are. There is NO place in the universe without negatives.

As for the caveat “if you have money”...Makes no sense at all. Any place is great to live if you have money, so I’m not sure what that was supposed to mean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area