Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 04:50 PM

119 posts, read 111,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Here is the thing. If this happened anywhere else, it wouldn't be (insert other place) rearing it's ugly head. This doesn't happen every day, sir. Where did you get the idea it was road rage? The guy was a government agent, it wasn't necessairly "random". No matter what happened, my condolences go to his family.

here's the thing, it happened in pembroke pines, not elsewhere. at some point, all the "this could have happened anywhere" excuse gets old (not speaking to you compelled, just sayin' in general). yes, it could happen anywhere, but it happened in pembroke pines. no wonder my wifes' parents are so glad to be outta there. they wouldnt move back there for nothin'!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2008, 04:50 PM

167 posts, read 198,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by like2fish View Post
wealthy professionals or retirees? what are they doing making all this money? atl is filled with investment bankers, traders, etc... to compare miami or south fla to atl when it comes to jobs is funny.
Yeah it's hysterical .... ha , ha , ha !!!

Old 08-06-2008, 05:08 PM

100 posts, read 363,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cane Fan View Post
You "burst my bubble " now I will not be able to sleep .. did I ever mention "'Miami " on my previous posts ... I thought this was the Ft.Lauderdale forum .. in fact I usually mention South Florida or I did when comparing it to the intellectual capital of Atlanta ?

I am sure the many wealthy professionals that live in Palm Beach , Jupiter , Parkland , Weston and other upscale areas had some degree of education to accumulate the wealth they have ...not everyone down here is an idiot . How did we go from rudeness to "educational attainment " ... LOL !!!

Give me a break. The education numbers for Miami are downright disgraceful. A few enclaves in Broward and PBC aren't going to bring south Florida up in the rankings...and, definitely not from #20 to #4.

By the way, if you're going to be consistent in your argument, none of the cities you mentioned are "Ft. Lauderdale" either.

Sometimes, when the data are staring you in the face, it's best just to admit you're wrong and call it quits.

Old 08-06-2008, 05:35 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,796,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by like2fish View Post
here's the thing, it happened in pembroke pines, not elsewhere. at some point, all the "this could have happened anywhere" excuse gets old (not speaking to you compelled, just sayin' in general). yes, it could happen anywhere, but it happened in pembroke pines. no wonder my wifes' parents are so glad to be outta there. they wouldnt move back there for nothin'!
Pembroke Pines is a known high crime area? Crime rate is way below the natl. average there, still is despite incident.

Old 08-06-2008, 05:50 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,796,070 times
If it's South Florida, it's bad and it's coated with rude people. Also, what is justified anywhere else as a "it could happen anywhere" thing is not justified in this pit of hell, third world non English speaking cesspool. Case closed. Rude people.

Old 08-06-2008, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d40372 View Post
Give me a break. The education numbers for Miami are downright disgraceful. A few enclaves in Broward and PBC aren't going to bring south Florida up in the rankings...and, definitely not from #20 to #4.

By the way, if you're going to be consistent in your argument, none of the cities you mentioned are "Ft. Lauderdale" either.

Sometimes, when the data are staring you in the face, it's best just to admit you're wrong and call it quits.
I am wrong and you are right , you are intelligent and I am not ..... so I guess you must be from the city that is ranked # 1 and I must have been born in Miami ?

Old 08-06-2008, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Pembroke Pines is a known high crime area? Crime rate is way below the natl. average there, still is despite incident.
Don't you wish people that do not like it down here , would just move away and make themselves and everyone else happy ... we have enough problems down here already and internet doom & gloomers do not make it any better ... I especially enjoy people that have moved away even out of state and continue to post negatives on here ... either they are masochists or secretly like South Florida and as they could not make it here feel compelled to post tripe and try and depress everyone else .. I actually think they use this forum as they cannot let go of the area ?

With rising crime and cost of living making things tough down here ... to read constant nonsense and negativity really does no one any good ... again I wish the nay sayers all the luck in the world and my gut feeling is that these people would not be happy anywhere and simply use this forum to vent .. which I am sure was not the purpose of city data forum .

Old 08-07-2008, 12:11 AM

100 posts, read 363,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cane Fan View Post
I am wrong and you are right , you are intelligent and I am not ..... so I guess you must be from the city that is ranked # 1 and I must have been born in Miami ?
Nah.

My hometown's midway down the list. I be dumb, too.

Old 08-07-2008, 04:23 PM

245 posts, read 1,168,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hibiscus381969 View Post
I'm new to Florida, just moved from Kauai. I am not used to people not conversating in a line of a grocery store, or talking story with someone sitting on a bench.People look at me strange when I do these things, my husband always reminds me, " Hon, this is not Kauai". I see that , I'm sure I will adapt......eventually
get used to it, things and or people down here will never change

Old 08-07-2008, 04:37 PM

245 posts, read 1,168,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
Er, notice the THUD of a drop in the percentage of high school diplomas? Dead last by 5 points to NEWARK NJ? and a whalloping almost 15 points to the next city, LA.

Might be a clue to the answer to this puzzle.

That and the fact that Atlanta has attracted major businesses for years and years. We can start with about 200 Fortune 500 corporate headquarters to name a few, Bell South, Coca-Cola, UPS, Home Depot, Delta, The Southern Company, and not just these fields but intellectual fields like the CDC and other brainiac groups.

Atlanta hasn't built it's foundation for this century on transient and new immigrant groups.

OH and they speak English as a primary language in Atlanta, so they're a bit easier to understand. One could even make a case that speaking ENGLISH to AMERICANS would put them in the "friendly" category.
BRAVO well said, unfortunately alot of floridians would disagree with you, i guess that why they rank almost dead last for diplomas/education
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area