Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 05:57 PM

367 posts, read 938,352 times

Advertisements

Metro is better (for me) because it has a better unlimited International calling package!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2012, 04:00 AM

140 posts, read 503,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootzdread View Post
Metro is better (for me) because it has a better unlimited International calling package!
True...But besides the folks that need unlimitied international....Straight Talk if the Champion of No contract phones.

Old 08-17-2012, 11:39 AM

1 posts, read 2,484 times
I am currently with metro. They are.individual franchises so do not expect these guys to help you. They do not stand behind their product. The battery life stinks so you have to have a car charger and plug it in every night. You could by a larger bettery for almost 100.00 if you like but i spent 411.00 on my phone which i was talked into. It was supposed to be the beeeeeeeessssssssttttt. They have not gotten a phone like it in ove r 6 months at the 4 stores I checked. It turns out that the phone stank and they knew it. I am planning to move to knoxville tenn. I am sure the phone will not work up there. My sister bought an ATT phone and our home is Asheville. When she goes up there she cannot use the phone at all. The speakers on the metro phones make you sound like a druggie and people will say "have you taken any medicine? You sound like you are falling asleep" That is not a good thing. I hope that this helps sofla99.If you go in with another person, they get a $5.00 discount on their bill. If your bill is paid (mine comes out of my bank account and the other person does not pay theirs metro turns your account off.I am then paying for days with no service that they do not give me back. This is something to think about.

Old 10-15-2013, 05:04 AM

1 posts, read 1,848 times
Well my problem is I wok in keywest stock island and my service I had with sprint down their was terrible what is good down their.

Old 03-13-2015, 04:44 AM

2 posts, read 2,473 times
I had metro and switched to boost. I had metro because it's what i could afford. $40 sure beat $65 that i paid at Sprint! But as time went on their service began to lack. I never "dropped a call" but a lot of the times I'd end up with voicemails and no missed calls (due to no service)obviously. Not even the phone rang. Another complaint, their text are horrible. At first its good and dandy but give it some time and soon enough your text will be interrupted by delays. And by that i mean you will recieve a text or your friend will receive a text hours after the initial send time. One thing i did like about metro is all their phones come with a 1 year warranty. You have to go to a corporate office for that and it could be a good 45 minute wait. But if your phone isnt working and falls under warranty you get a new one (same model if available) all you pay is shipping.

NOW i have had enough of that metro so i switched to boost. And i dont regret it. I love it. So much better. I never "miss" a call, always get my text and the internet is very fast. I pay 45$ for 5g of data and unlimited calls and text. 5$ more then metro BUT damn worth it. 4 more gigs of data and a kick ass reliable network. Some people say boost phones suck but they do have a variety. INCLUDING iphones, Samsung, LG, and some cheaper models like nokia and kyocera. Just depends on your budget i guess. I got a nice lg tribute for FREE when i switched from metro. And again I LOVE IT.

Old 03-13-2015, 04:45 AM

2 posts, read 2,473 times
I say, make the switch. #GoBoost

Old 03-13-2015, 07:18 AM

366 posts, read 515,462 times
both are horrible! go with simple mobile, t mobile, red pocket. all for bout 40 buks and use t mobile and att coverage

Old 03-13-2015, 12:46 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,781,588 times
Metro Pcs is bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area